“Maybe we just had a very bad day but it was really deplorable”
Review of Island Star Deep Sea Fishing - CLOSED

Island Star Deep Sea Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome Aboard! Climb aboard and experience a completely different style of fishing! Are you ready to accept your mission? Day and night deep sea fishing trips in the Florida Keys. The South Florida waters are full of life, and bottom fishing offers a special way to experience it. The Agent 001 party boat goes on “power chumming, no drift” missions ladies and gentlemen! What does that mean? We anchor to give you less tangled lines and we bring those fish in. If you chum they will come! Whether you are looking for a half-day or a full-day charter, we offer a variety of packages that will meet your needs or preference. Our packages can be designed to suit any customer. From the party boat to our private charter boat, Double Agent Charters can offer you a different style than any other charter boat in South Florida. Interested in a private charter? Check out Agent 002 for your next event! Take a closer look at The Agents.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The boat is no longer the Island Star it is Double Agent. There were only 16 guests aboard and 4 crew along with the Capt. I still found myself helping the little boy next to me. (I don't mind, I'm a Grandpa but with one crew for each 4 guests you wouldn't think it would be necessary) Maybe if the Capt. and crew minded our lines instead of their own they would have had a bit more free time. Also the clearing of the aft deck so they could cast net up bait for the next charter we could have done without. Capt. was fishing with whole wahoo and we were given cut bait and squid. When one spot didn't work out we would move about 250 yds. and try again. I could go on but then it would be just too hard to believe

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"dock"
"blast"

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The captain and the mate were very friendly and helpful.
Don't feel that you get value for your money. There are 2 other all day fishing boats that charge $70 to fish from 8:30 to 4:00 and the other fishes for 9:30 to 4:00. Your boat charges $65 and fishes from 9:30 to 2:30. You get more fishing time on the other 2 boats for your money.
Suggest that you either have an all day fishing trip or have half day trips and not charge a full day fare and not fish for a full day.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

one word family run biz good ppl will be back 100%#lots of fish the Capt was so good he pot us on fish fast!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Had a great time! Didn't catch as much as I would have liked but that's how it goes sometimes...the crew was excellent! I haven't been fishing in a few years and got my reel tangled. The deckhand fixed me up twice (can't remember his name). I had FUN and will do it again next time I'm in the Keys....

Date of experience: July 2017