Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory

More Info
from US$69.00
More Info
12,280 results
All reviews beautiful butterflies gift shop quail small birds butterflies flying pink flamingos rhett and scarlett life cycle different species all ages take your time rainy day great place to visit southernmost point duval street fish turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a wonderful place for the whole family. It's great to see and learn about butterflies. Make sure you wear light blue shirt and they will land on you.

1  Thank 62natalyaa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walking through the Conservatory with all the plants, butterflies, birds, moths, etc. was magical. The gift shop had some lovely things to remember the experience and even share with others. The staff was friendly. The only regret I have was related to a purchase I made in their gift shop. I purchased several things, but one of the two plexyglass hexagons with butterflies inside actually exploded inside our airplane coming home. I bought two of these ($135 each) and was told as long as our airplane was pressurized they could be safely transported this way. It is pressurized and so rather than shipping them by ground I chose to bring them home to enjoy right away. In mid flight we heard a loud pop and the back of my seat felt the impact. Sadly when we landed and could open the sack which the salesperson had packed for us, one case was in perfect condition, but the other was ruined. I called their store and asked what could be done. I was told they were very sorry. However, they could sell me another one with a 20% discount if I wanted to order another one. I was very disappointed at this news! So, should you decide to buy one of these I suggest you ship it by ground if you are not driving home, and insure it!!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love this place!!! Beautiful ! This is well worth the time and money. Bring your cameracoupons found in the brochures in the boxes on the street.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For true nature lovers like me and my husband, this is a highlight of Key West. Walking amongst the butterflies and colorful birds was a true delight. Watching them in flight and experiencing them landing on us was so uplifting. The staff was very welcoming, the gift shop very "shop worthy," and the video presentation of the life of a butterfly was extremely interesting. The only downside were the kids who were touching and catching the butterflies -- a definite no-no but the parents didn't seem to care. We very disturbed at the lack of respect and care for the animals.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The butterflies are incredible and the birds beautiful! But the stars for me are the two GORGEOUS flamingos Rhett and Scarlet! People are lovely and the tour is self guided but people available to answer questions