Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
  • Pool
Pier House Resort & Spa(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,463 results
All reviewscruise shipsunset keysunset deckmallory squareocean frontwestin resortsunset celebrationkey west resortoceanfront roomprivate islandstreet performersperfect locationpartial ocean viewstarbucks coffeeparking garageper daymain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hubs and I enjoyed a very nice stay in a spacious room overlooking Mallory Square, so we also enjoyed a very spectacular sunset from the comfort of our balcony. We had EXCELLENT service from all staff we encountered. The Valet took care of our luggage by taking it up to our room and when I realized I had left a bag behind in the backseat of the car, he went and got it for me. Room service was very prompt. Our room was nicely furnished and had a nice coffee bar setup. Check out was fast, and once again, Valet offered to handle the luggage for us so we could enjoy some shopping time before leaving the area. While I didn’t find this a “dealbreaker”, it’s worth noting - this property is HUGE and in our building in particular the hallways were very very long with lots of turns, much like a cruise ship, but wider. Also worth noting is the location: Mallory Square which is probably the busiest areas of Key West, is yes, convenient, but also has cruise ships pull in everyday we are told. This was the experience we had... I was looking forward to having some morning coffee on the balcony and enjoying the spectacular view again, but instead woke up to a gigantic cruise ship in our view. Since we knew this meant we were going to have to deal with all the cruise ship crowd again, we got out of Key West completely. So, in summary, was a very nice stay, we experienced excellent service and we would *cautiously* recommend. Best tip I could give here would be: do your research before booking.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
dianeschmidt, General Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and helpful commentary. We are always looking at ways to improve.

I hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Prepaid and then upon arrival charged two for two "purchase authorizations = $315.26 & $76.58 after being told I would be charged an "incidental fee" of $250 plus $29 resort fee x2, parking $20 per day for self parking. The "incidental" hold policy was NOT indicated anywhere upon prepayment and booking through Expedia. This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel, it is very overrated. The pool was quite small and overrun with screaming, splashing kids with balls and floats until it closed at 10pm.
The manager, Greg W. had poor customer services skills. He ignored my questions and could only assure that my bringing this issue to his attention would facilitate future experiences for others. What about me? I am the dissatisfied one!! Two words, never again. He basically blamed me for not calling the resort and for booking through Expedia.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank bxtol

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry the billing and "holds" were confusing. We will work with Expedia and make sure the booking rules are set up properly.

If there is something we can do to make amends, please feel free to reach out to me personally. We never want to have a dissatisfied guest.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

we already booked our room 20 days back, but they din’t tell us that we need agent’s id proof (that’s not the first time we have booked a room through agent) , and then we got all the documenta by 4.15 . and the check in time is 4. and after all the document given, the room was not ready, so we had to wait for more 15 minutes! and while we waited , we saw other people who came after us, they got their room! other than all these things i am giving 3 star just for the location , cleanliness and for the rooms!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sachi S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your check-in experience was not positive. I cannot not ascertain what may have it happened from the information provided but it may have been because of the room type reserved. Regardless, we are sorry it was not a smooth, pleasurable arrival.

We do hope you will visit again. I offer my personal assistance in making sure everything is in order. Just call.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place has such an amazing location, sunset parties on your door step, duval street stumbling distance away, the pool is lovely and lets not forget the private boat that goes to a private island for a day on the private island.
Rooms are cute, with a balcony. Only issues where, pretty much zero options for vegans when it comes to food so had to eat out after the first failed attempt, I mean its 2018!
Also requested a room with two queen beds, but on arrival was told, due to another guest emergency we had to down grade our room, but the next night we would be put back to our original room request. That never happened and I was on my holidays so didn't chase it up.
So in summary, great hotel great location, but can do with some work on customer services/vegan options.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
dianeschmidt, General Manager at Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 Star review and helpful comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay was very nice. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was huge and very clean. We had no complaints with the room at all. The concierge and other staff members were very helpful.The room was overpriced, but we were there during Spring Break and everything in Key West is pretty pricey this time of year. Resort fee to cover Wi-fi and pool towels was excessive, in our opinion.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments. I hope you will visit us again.