“Amazing salad!”

Ranked #68 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come join us for Happy Hour from 4-6pm everyday!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had an amazing salad! It was the apple, walnut one and I added grilled chicken. It was so delicious! I also had the Italian lemonade which was truly refreshing. The beach atmosphere is perfect. I highly recommend eating here when in Key West!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Salute is very much like the Southernmost Beach Cafe at the far end of Duval Street (that is, the opposite end from the downtown). It’s layout, with covered outdoor seating is about the same, and the menus are not too far different. Saulte has the advantage of being on Higgs Beach, which is much wider than the little beach available further south at Southernmost. Both have indoor bars though Southernmost’s bar is a little more open to views of the water.

I was going to settle for the peel-it-yourself shrimp but couldn’t resist the day’s special, which was a pair of combination yellowtail-grouper patties made like a crabcake, served with a very fresh salad on the side and tomatos that were actually deep red.

Key West proper is not a mecca of great beaches, so if you like the combination of a decent (though not Carribean quality) beach and a good placxe to drink aznd eat, this is worth a trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have been to Key West on a few occasions and on this past trip we had dinner at Salute for the first time. We really enjoyed it!
I had kinda assumed the restaurant was more of a burger on the beach type joint, but the menu was a little more elevated then that. My wife and I both had a really good dinner and the drinks were also great. The view is wonderful as well as you really are on the beach.
We will be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here twice over the weekend for lunch. Perfect location for looking out over the beach and enjoying a beer. Friendly and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed the mussels and shared a fish sandwich.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While Salute! is a really nice place to dine beachside, we weren’t ready for food... just wanted to enjoy a couple drinks and maybe an appetizer. We ended up having just the couple of drinks, which were not at all what we expected and Hubs had to order a beer just to wash the crappy taste out of his mouth. The not at all thirst quenching stop set us back about $32. Staff was friendly, service was good, the signature drinks were strange and overpriced and the patio seating was crowded. Cautiously recommend, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea... didn’t like it at all.