“Great food and great view”
Review of Salt Rock Grill

Salt Rock Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt Rock Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This beach landmark is legendary, and it’s still on fire with a burning passion for delectable food, enticing drink and pleasurable surroundings. For an evening of fine dining, elegant atmosphere, superior service and genuine hospitality, Salt Rock Grill is your destination.Come by land or sea and enjoy the finest dining location in Tampa Bay.St. Petersburg Times–"The first modern surf and turf joint on the beaches still packs them in with red-hot, straight-ahead cooking. Steaks are first-rate, lobsters monstrous, wine cellar deep, seafood and fish souped up in spicy broth. The unexpected treats are root vegetables, lentils and smart spicing"
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Took advantage of the early dinner meal and it was delicious! You definitely will not leave hungry. I had the Rock the Boat and my mom had the Salmon Rosette. Both very good and fresh tasting. Saw by window overlooking water. Would definitely recommend!

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Thank you for the 5 star rating and review! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed September 21, 2017

great service, just OK food, specially because of the few option on seafood, and we were right on the beach!!!. it looks like a very traditional place in the area, but there´s room for improvement

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team - should you be interested in chatting with our General Manager regarding your experience - please send us a private message with your contact info at baystarrestaurantgroup@gmail.com

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I came here and really enjoyed their fish many times, and this time I came, I had a steak. It was very expensive and extremely bland. I only gave it three stars because of my last visits there, that weren't as bad.

Get the fish at salt rock. Go to a steak place for steak.

1  Thank DannyWatz
BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and will share with our team. We do hope to have you back again!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

This was one of our must eat places when we were in the area, this was our 5th time visiting this restaurant. The food has always been excellent, not this time. Ordered the petite lamb chops. They were very fatty and tough could barley taste the lamb. My wife ordered Filet sliders that were over powered with pepper. The best part of our meal were the deserts. May give theme another try just to see if they were having an off night.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your honest opinions. Our owner Frank Chivas would like the opportunity to speak with you direct regarding your unpleasant experience. He has asked that you connect with him via cell or email (whichever you prefer) - he can be reached at 727-480-6704 or frank@baystarrestaurantgroup.com - Thank you in advance!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

As a steak lover, I like to go all out when a place has large premium steaks. I have ate dozens of tomahawk ribeyes . I also buy them from sams club often, so I'm familiar with sizing. I usually get 3 to 3 1/2 pounders where ever I go. I was very disappointed when a 32 oz. size was delivered as a 48 oz. I ate the entire thing and it was bland, void of any smoke,salt,butter, seasoning, etc... And it was also $78.00. My bill was over $300.00 and left there unhappy, would not recommend