“good choice in the area (not many).”
Review of Salt Rock Grill

Salt Rock Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt Rock Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This beach landmark is legendary, and it’s still on fire with a burning passion for delectable food, enticing drink and pleasurable surroundings. For an evening of fine dining, elegant atmosphere, superior service and genuine hospitality, Salt Rock Grill is your destination.Come by land or sea and enjoy the finest dining location in Tampa Bay.St. Petersburg Times–"The first modern surf and turf joint on the beaches still packs them in with red-hot, straight-ahead cooking. Steaks are first-rate, lobsters monstrous, wine cellar deep, seafood and fish souped up in spicy broth. The unexpected treats are root vegetables, lentils and smart spicing"
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great service, just OK food, specially because of the few option on seafood, and we were right on the beach!!!. it looks like a very traditional place in the area, but there´s room for improvement

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team - should you be interested in chatting with our General Manager regarding your experience - please send us a private message with your contact info at baystarrestaurantgroup@gmail.com

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I came here and really enjoyed their fish many times, and this time I came, I had a steak. It was very expensive and extremely bland. I only gave it three stars because of my last visits there, that weren't as bad.

Get the fish at salt rock. Go to a steak place for steak.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and will share with our team. We do hope to have you back again!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

This was one of our must eat places when we were in the area, this was our 5th time visiting this restaurant. The food has always been excellent, not this time. Ordered the petite lamb chops. They were very fatty and tough could barley taste the lamb. My wife ordered Filet sliders that were over powered with pepper. The best part of our meal were the deserts. May give theme another try just to see if they were having an off night.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your honest opinions. Our owner Frank Chivas would like the opportunity to speak with you direct regarding your unpleasant experience. He has asked that you connect with him via cell or email (whichever you prefer) - he can be reached at 727-480-6704 or frank@baystarrestaurantgroup.com - Thank you in advance!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

As a steak lover, I like to go all out when a place has large premium steaks. I have ate dozens of tomahawk ribeyes . I also buy them from sams club often, so I'm familiar with sizing. I usually get 3 to 3 1/2 pounders where ever I go. I was very disappointed when a 32 oz. size was delivered as a 48 oz. I ate the entire thing and it was bland, void of any smoke,salt,butter, seasoning, etc... And it was also $78.00. My bill was over $300.00 and left there unhappy, would not recommend

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We visited Sunday August 27 and the place was empty. I made an Open Table reservation but we arrived early and were still seated promptly. The waiter was friendly but not very attentive which was a surprise considering the place was not very busy. At one point he asked if we wanted bread and we said yes. We waited and the food came out and still no bread. The person serving the food (not the waiter) asked if we needed anything and my husband asked about the bread and he responded with a laugh. My husband again said we wanted bread and the food server just walked away. The exchange was very off-putting and irritating. About a minute later the waiter materialized with the bread and olive oil. The food was very good, we had surf and turf and tomahawk steak, everything was done perfectly. Once we were done we had to wait again for the waiter while he schmoozed it up with the big table across the way in order to order coffee. I would recommend Salt Rock Grill for the food but if you go, don't have very high hopes for great service.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback on our service and will share this with our team. We do hope to have you back!