“Very good food”

Guppy's on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Guppy's on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Avenue
Transit: Trolley Mile Marker, 17 1/2.
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We sat on the patio which was nice. Good was very good - amazing lobster bisque, very good mussels (broth was delcious). The calamari was ok. Most of the breading was falling off, but good flavor.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We ate here 2 x and loved it both times. Early bird ( 4:30-5:15) is the best option. Salad, bread, 2 sides and entree and 1/2 price house wine.Then returned another night for gourmet meal. Couldn’t pass up the apple walnut pie with brown sugar cinnamon ice cream. Yum!! I will be back next year!!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious and on point. The service was unacceptable, the waitress paid more attention to her cell phone and flirting with the bartender then on our table. Average prices. Portions should be bigger for the price.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This was our first visit to Guppy's. We met our two sons and their friends for lunch while we were staying in Madeira Beach. We ate outside around 1:30 in the afternoon, so it wasn't overly crowded. For raw oyster lovers (not me), a small plate is more than sufficient for lunch. I had the most divine coconut shrimp. We enjoyed Guppy's so much, that we took friends back for dinner a few evenings later. The only difference was the noise level. Another TA reviewer had mentioned this. It was almost impossible to carry on a conversation in the dining room. Had it not been packed inside and out, we would have asked for an outside table. But, in comparison to the food and the service, this was a small price to pay. The coconut shrimp dinner was ordered by one of our friends. He enjoyed his as much as I did. This time I ordered the lobster bisque, which was perfection. For my entrée, I ordered the lobster ravioli which was an excellent choice. Our server, Michael, was attentive and funny. We learned he was a graduate of the U of I, which is about an hour from where we live. All in all, a delightful place. I would definitely try for an outdoor table in the evening. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Had a great meal. I had the lobster tail. Unbelievable. So tasty with the mash.... Yum. My Dad had the scallops which were very unusual but so tasty he said. My mum had the Grouper and absolutely loved it. There was a great choice and the service was great too. We were not in a rush so we enjoyed the no rush dinner. My parents have been going here for nearly 30 years so they knew the son of the owner, as he was always there at the restaurant... but i am sure he is probably running it now and if he is he has kept the same standard as my parents and all their friends go there time and time again. that is a recommendation on its own. Well done GUPPY. See you again soon/.

1  Thank Pamerlaar