“Terrific and unusual European breakfast and lunch menu”

Around The World Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Indialantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are Around the World Cafe Bakery on 5Th Indialantic,fl 32903. We are your neighborhood coffee house - a place to come by yourself or with friends, to chat over a bite to eat or to work over a cup of coffee. Like the big chain baristas, we have Big Menu and a long list of coffee treats. Unlike those big guys, our food and drink are lovingly prepared by your neighbors, in a warm atmosphere where we invite you to linger and get to know us while get to know you. We serve savory and sweet Pastries,Cakes,Crepes,Omelletes,Soups,Salads,Coffee ,Teas to eat in or take out.
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Vacationing. We've eaten breakfast twice and lunch once at this charming small restaurant. For breakfast we tried 2 different omelettes and 1 crepe dish, all delicious, For lunch I had goulash and my wife had a salad, both excellent. Good selection of wines and imported beers. This is now one of our favorite places to go in the Indialantic/Melbourne area. Unfortunately they're open only till 4 PM so not open for dinner.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Had the opportunity to visit this place for the first time....was so very pleasantly surprised at all the choices. I think they do themselves a disservice by not letting people know on their website, that they use organic eggs and offer many gluten free items. The food is fresh and quality is wonderful. Service was outstanding and we were made to feel so welcome. We didn't realize that we stayed long past their closing time, and were never made to feel rushed. That doesn't happen very often. Definitely will be returning...this is truly a hidden gem!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We attempted to eat here, but we didn't even get seated. The restaurant was more than half empty at 9:30am on a Saturday morning. There were two of us, and we asked to sit at a table for 4 as there were many empty tables and the tables for 2 were towards the back of the restaurant. In fact, there were two ladies sitting at a table for 4 right next to the table we wanted. There would have also been 3 or so tables for 4 and a table for 6 remaining open if we had been seated where we requested. The server seating us and the owner were adamant that we sit at a table for 2 instead of saying, "Sit wherever you like." It's not like they were going to fill up in a sudden breakfast rush. I simply said, thank you and walked out. Next door, at another local breakfast restaurant, there was a line out the door, I wonder why????

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Best restaurant in the area for breakfast or lunch. Delicious variety of home made pastries, homemade fresh bread, soups, sandwiches, and more. Close to the beach. Reasonably priced too.
Has imported wine and beer at great prices.
We’ll be back!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This review is not about the food, when it finally came, it is about the owner and his temper. I know this review is long but when you are giving a place like this that is well loved for it's food a 2 star review, you need to give the full explanation as to why. This review only got 2 stars and not 1 because of the food being acceptable even if it was cold.

We have eaten here numerous times and realize when it is crowded the service will be slow. We have no problem with that as we enjoy the time to relax and the food when it arrives. We got there late at a lull in-between busy times. We were at a 2 top on the west side wall and many of the 4 tops were empty. The front tables were mostly occupied with people eating or almost finished but the side tables down the east wall were empty as were two tops behind us. About 15 minutes after we were seated a 4 top came in next to us. At that point we did not have the coffee we ordered and were waiting to catch our waitresses eye to ask for it again. She very politely told us I will bring it out. She was running food and taking the orders for another 4 top that came in long after us. After 25 more minutes we had ordered food and sat waiting. The new table had received their food and another 4 top came in. We did not have coffee refills and our first cup was long empty. When we asked a different waiter about our order she went back and then brought it out pretty quickly. From the temperature it had been sitting. We understand sometimes there are problems that you can't see at the front of house, we were patient as we liked this place and had no idea what the usually smiling owner is really like. We ate our food as we were very hungry by this point, it was pretty good despite being at a colder temperature than normally acceptable. The potatoes cold are just not that good though. We knew we faced more frustration if we tried to correct the food situation because it was now a little busier than when we arrived and finally ordered.

When we went up to pay my husband said I think you should know that our service was really not good today. He barked, yes barked, at my husband well it's been really busy. My husband explained, No it was not that busy when we came in or when we finally got to order and the tables that sat next to us 15 minutes after we arrived were ordering and getting their food. I just thought you should know. We eat here often and this service was especially bad. - The owner was staring silently at my husband and after a second or two he YELLED, yes, raised his voice and angrily yelled - DO YOU WANT ME TO FIRE HER, CALL HER OVER HERE, I'LL FIRE HER. He was extremely animated and aggressive. My husband tried to calm him down by saying - No of course not. I don't want anyone fired I just thought you should know there was a real breakdown of something today. We like your food we know issues come up. - the owner would have none of it and repeated loudly, not quite as loud as the first time, - Well call her over here I'll fire her, which one was it. - At that point my husband picked up our receipt and turned to walk away from this aggressive hot headed behavior. Another person waiting to pay shook his head and looked at us saying - wow, he's scary. That was the end of our patronizing this business.

We have since heard several stories about this owner and his outburst. Several said they will not frequent him even as good as the food is because his behavior is volatile. We agree, you can smile and play the guitar all you want but when you verbally attack customers they will abandon your business. And they will tell their friends. Customers beware there seems to be way to talk with him or politely lodge a complaint as he may blow up, lean over the counter threatening to call out an over worked young waiter trying to work under difficult circumstances, and totally shocking the frequent customer that is standing there astounded. Bad days and grumpiness often can had but few restaurant owners lash out at paying customers in front of other shocked paying customers.
It is a shame, we liked the food on previous visits.

Date of visit: June 2018