“Rude”

Ranked #29 of 33 Tours in Homosassa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Rude loud inconsiderate. Runs wide open exhaust in small area at full throttle with families in canoes and kayaks nearby.

bwcchartersinc1, Owner at Top Gun Airboat Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Sorry to offend you .The beginning of the river is very narrow and an Airboat is powered by a prop and moves with the wind. We all need to share the waterway.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was our first experience with an airboat ride and it was GREAT! Our teenagers even loved it!! Captain Randy was very knowledgeable about the whole area, the birds and the Native Americans that settled there. He happily answered all of our questions too. You can tell that he is very passionate about preserving the area that he is lucky to call his backyard. We are now planning to come back and go on a scalloping trip and possibly stay at John's Island!! Until next time Captain Randy...

Thank you, it was great to meet you and look forward to seeing you again. Every experience is different , hurry back!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

we were on the west side of the river back on Chassahowitzka river bank 15-20 ft. off the bank slowly paddling in a rented aluminum canoe when a airboat came around the bend doing a high speed of around 30 mph with no regard to the safety of us or the other families on the river and he did not have complete control of his boat. He carelessly hit the front of the canoe where I was sitting ejected me out of the boat and into the air as well as my boyfriend being ejected, sank our canoe & our belongings . He is a very reckless and inconsiderate I stood up put my arms in the air and asked for help however he made the decision to leave and continue his tour due to my boyfriend yelling at him due to the fact of he would of ran my head over and killed me if I was in a kayak. That boat had 3 grown men on it ,I'm sure if they would have helped the anger would have been quickly diffused , we were scared and in panic, However he decided to continue his tour and did not return to the dock for over an hour where we were waiting with the FWC to file a complaint. I have been diagnosed with whip lash & have been suffering for over a year In pain and he refuses to reach out , return phone calls or help in anyway. I have had attorneys look into his insurance to cover my medical bills and NO INSURANCE has been able to be found with either of his operating companies buccaneer's west coast charters or Top gun air boat Tours ! He is operating without insurance . This company changed the quality of my life and financial distress with my ongoing medical bills in a big way without a care in the world.

1  Thank Sharon B

My apology for this incident .FWC did have a report along with proof all of my credentials .

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

This was an unbelievable experience . I would select Top Gun airboats again . This is a brand New Airboat and maneuvers the water like no other boat . He even has a stereo system on his boat . We seen dolphins and also manatee And many types of birds . Captain Randy was very informative and you could tell he loves what he does .

Thank you for your great review. I enjoy showing folks and sharing the years of experience I have. The Wildlife here is everchanging ,glad you liked your ride and liked the boat . I do enjoy what I do .

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Holy smokes, this Captain Randy guy brings it! My wife and 2 sons said it was the best part of our trip to Florida and we were there for a month! Don't waste your time, book this guy and when he says Top Gun, he means it. hahaha, what a blast! We can't wait until our trip next year. Thanks Captain Randy!

1  Thank theblindpirate

Thank you for your review.Glad you & your family enjoyed your trip, I look forward to seeing you on your next trip back!