“Great Atmosphere”
Review of The Ugly Grouper

The Ugly Grouper
Ranked #18 of 43 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a good time. The food was good. They had lots for everyone to do. Our food arrived before we got a chance to play cornhole.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My husband loves “beach shack” type eateries and the Ugly Grouper fit the bill. It’s not on the beach, or near the water, but it has the laid-back vibe he was looking for. Unfortunately, the food wasn’t good. My husband ordered a burger that had a strange salt flavor and was way over cooked. I ordered the nachos and they left a lot to be desired (hardly any cheese or chicken). We ordered our daughter a kids chicken finger meal and it was beer battered chicken (thick coating), which I’m guessing most kids aren’t used to. She didn’t touch it. I thought the prices were a little high considering there’s no real appeal or view.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

It’s a cool place, and they seated us quickly. Food was just OK. I feel like the prices are a little high because it seemed to be a tourist spot. The prices didn’t match the type of food they served.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

To start with, when we arrived, I asked to be seated away from the rain that was likely to arrive before too long. The hostess then took us to a table at the edge of the "indoor" seating. Once we asked again for a specific table farther under the roof, she seated us there. I watched as we waited for our food to arrive, and this was repeated with several other parties that arrived after us. Odd.
On the flip side, our waitress was helpful and friendly, and our food arrived rather quickly. The appetizer was good, but I'd say the rest of our meal was just average. We did enjoy the singer that performed while we ate.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

This place might not look like much from the outside, but boy was it fun and entertaining! Great food and drinks - they really know how to make a Mojito!- daily music as well as corn hole games in the back. It's the perfect place to go after a day on the beach or water. The staff is fun and super friendly! We only wish we had a place like it back home!