“Restaurant has closed”

Mangia Gourmet
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Gulfport
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Mangia Gourmet offers Fresh and Healthy Environmentally Friendly Gourmet Cuisine using local and organic ingredients where possible. We specialize in gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan but offer a complete menu with something for everyone. We bake fresh daily on premises our gluten-free specialties. Our beautiful quaint courtyard provides a relaxing al fresco dining experience. Live entertainment by local artists is frequently offered. Local artists also display their works on the walls of our recently remodeled interior.
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This place had some creative menu choices and a comfortable courtyard area. Especially enjoyable was their weekly open mike nights. Hopefully a new owner will do as well.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I loved the portobello stuffed w/spinach leaves; wild rice and asparagus on side in delicious sauce. I also loved the portobello/veggie wrap, the sweet cut fresh fruit & the carrot cake. Loved coconut almond bar with both apricot and raspberry. Many items are labelled vegetarian or vegan.

Peaceful garden setting with interesting artwork. Artsy, funky vibe. Service is excellent and all the staff is super friendly and welcoming.

Occasionally, they offer live music, but when they don't, we walk a few blocks after dinner to Salty's and neighboring establishments and choose which band we like the best.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A local suggested that this is the best lunch place in Gulfport. She was right! I had an ahi tuna salad that was imaginatively seasoned and not ridiculously large. Friendly service, lovely outside seating. The restaurant was not crowded. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A couple of weeks ago, I was visiting friends in Florida and we went out for dinner. As I have Celiac Disease, Mangia's restaurant was chosen due to the gluten free options they offered. After informing the server I am celiac and after some questioning about my choice, I was told that there would be no problem, they had not any issues in the past 5 years. Unfortunately, I was violently ill 3 hours later from a gluten attack. I reached out to the owner of the restaurant over a week ago to advise her that this had happened and to be informed of what exactly I had ingested from this "gluten free" meal. At this time, I have had no response.

I will say that the atmosphere and entertainment of the restaurant was very pleasant, however, celiacs beware!

Jill J, Owner at Mangia Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I am not sure where you reached out but this is the 1st I've heard of it. I am sorry you fell ill after dining with us. Unfortunately, we are not a gluten free enviroment, however we do try to take precaution while preparing gf foods. I hope you are feeling better and i will pass on to my staff to ne more careful moving forward.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had the eggplant cooked to perfection with large slap of mozzarella in between and covered with red sauce. Accompanying salad included green apple, walnuts, tomatoes etc which was very good. My wife's GF and vegan preferences were easily accommodated. She had a delicious blend of wild rice, asparagus, avocado salad and a thick stuffed portabello mushroom.
Most of the seating is outdoors which on this night featured entertaining Open Mike singing by our diners.

Jill J, Owner at Mangia Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

So happy you enjoyed your time with us! Hope to see you again soon!