“Really Nice !”

Calusa Island Marina
Ranked #13 of 18 things to do in Goodland
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The people at the marina were really nice and everything went off without a hitch. The only draw back is that the guy who works the picker or fork lift for the boats refuses to get there before 8AM and they close at 5PM. So don't count on a great day of fishing out of there unless you start at 8:30 or so. Not going to happen. Other than that, Nice place, nice people. Oh ya, and the bait is really small and the truck sometimes does not show up until late morning with the bait and you cant pre pay for bait. First come first served.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Goodland is a fishing community that has grown up with $million homes. I needed fyuel and stopped here. Friendly service, they have boat rentals and food.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

This was thee best thing we have done on our trip!! Captain Jack was amazing!! We caught a 15 lb red fish, tossed it back. And caught a sting ray that broke our line! We saw an eagle ray jump out of the water and even a few sea turtles!! Such an awesome experience for two Ohioans!

Reviewed 7 May 2016

We had a problem with our boat and got a tow into the local marina. I wanted to leave the boat there and come back with the proper parts the following day. Calusa staff was friendly and understanding. They took good care of my vessel. The following day I returned and made the necessary repairs. I'm defenitely thinking of using them to dry dock my boat when I need it off the water. They are very accommodating.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Rented a 21' Ebbtide Deck Boat for a full day. Boat was clean and ran well. Cost was $385 for the full day plus tax and fuel. The website listed that the boat had a stereo and a Hummingbird Depth/Chartplotter. As soon as we got on the boat we were told the stereo might work or might not. It would go to one station, but you could not change stations or adjust volume. After about an hour and a half of the rental the hummingbird stopped working. I called the marina and they basically said oh well. Traveling the inner islands around Marco Island without a depth gauge was pretty challenging. We turned around and went back to the area we had been through. I thought when we got back they might knock a few $ off of the fee, but instead said they were like the only one to offer the depth gauge and there was no guarantee any options on the boat worked. Not the best customer oriented view I would have thought reasonable. Other options I had checked I thought were less expensive and chose Calusa partly because of the options listed on their website. On the other hand the boat was nice overall and we we did have a good time in the areas we had a good idea of depth from the laminated chart we were given.

1  Thank William S