“Ok Boat Rental”

Calusa Island Marina
Ranked #13 of 18 things to do in Goodland
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Rented a 21' Ebbtide Deck Boat for a full day. Boat was clean and ran well. Cost was $385 for the full day plus tax and fuel. The website listed that the boat had a stereo and a Hummingbird Depth/Chartplotter. As soon as we got on the boat we were told the stereo might work or might not. It would go to one station, but you could not change stations or adjust volume. After about an hour and a half of the rental the hummingbird stopped working. I called the marina and they basically said oh well. Traveling the inner islands around Marco Island without a depth gauge was pretty challenging. We turned around and went back to the area we had been through. I thought when we got back they might knock a few $ off of the fee, but instead said they were like the only one to offer the depth gauge and there was no guarantee any options on the boat worked. Not the best customer oriented view I would have thought reasonable. Other options I had checked I thought were less expensive and chose Calusa partly because of the options listed on their website. On the other hand the boat was nice overall and we we did have a good time in the areas we had a good idea of depth from the laminated chart we were given.

1  Thank William S