1,218 results
All reviews club room beautiful atrium atrium area tri rail living room pool and hot tub tommy ft cruise lauderdale computers gm florida fll
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Were not told it was under some renovation. 1 elevator not working and the rest are super slow. Luggage carts scarce. Room did not get very cool as we like. Bathrooms super small. Pool towels are the size of washcloths. Staff friendly but one stood out..Tommy Montenaro...works 3 to 11. Super friendly, nice to talk to, always has a smile and will do anything for you! Goes above and beyond. He is one reason we will return. Found out the hotel was recently bought. Hope the new owners make great improvements and keep Tommy!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brenda M
Annternett N, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Brenda M,

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you conveyed on your post. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Consequently it is disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. They help us to continually improve the Hotel’s operation. Your willingness to share your recent experience is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I frequent this Sheraton hotel for my business travel.
All room is basically a suite with separate sleeping and a living room area with a pull out sofa bed.
I agree with other post that this hotel is on the older side. But I see the suite style is good for family travel. if you prefer a more modern style SPG hotel, there is a Westin down the road.
Services/Amenities: it is mix . A few front desk are really helpful and courteous. Most are just ok. Housekeeping is one area that needs more work. Few times my room didn't have iron or hair dryer. And it always take LONG time for someone to get that to your room.
Club Lounge: I get access as my complimentary SPG platinum member benefit. If you book a club floor room and you will get access. Good to get free water/Soft drinks, breakfast and evening . Hors d'oeuvre . Don't expect too much for breakfast. Evening Hors d'oeuvre is a littler better. (No honor bar there. But be nice to the front desk, they might give you a free drink or appetizer coupon at the full bar).

Main reason I choose to stay here is location near my office and it has a BIG gym with easy access. The gym is the main reason I choose to stay at this hotel. And also there is a good size outdoor pool.
I give a 4 stars because of room size and gym:)

One important tip: request for room away from train track. There will be train running right behind the hotel almost all hours.

Room tip: request for room away from train track. There will be train running right behind the hotel almost all hours.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Annternett N, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Rick C,

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and choosing the Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

my family and i stay at this hotel for the weekend and my stay was excellent. From the front desk with Penelope my experience was exceptional and to Matthew in the food and beverage department he was exceptional and thanks again for the great service, they all make my stay enjoyable. I will be back

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Rolanda B
Annternett N, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Rolanda B,

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor and choosing the Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek. Thank you also for taking the time to recognize Matthew. I have passed along your kind words to him. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We reserved July 27-29 here for a wedding event. I confirmed our
reservation with the hotel front desk at 3pm while driving to Ft. Lauderdale to be sure that we had a room with an accessible shower rather than a tub/shower as my emailed confirmation said. I called because we have stayed here previously and they have a habit of giving your requested room away. Typically, I am told the room I was confirmed for was not available. Upon arrival at 4:30pm we find out that the hotel has NO air conditioning and it had been that way for 24 hours. Why didn’t they tell me when I called and spoke with Annette at the front desk at 3:00?? I told the lady at the desk I wanted to cancel our reservation. She told me I couldn’t because it was past the cancellation date. I told her that she had to cancel it - There was NO A/C!!! Reluctantly she began typing. I asked her for a printed confirmation that it was cancelled. She could not print one out. I walked around the counter and took a screen shot of the page. I was past trusting this hotel about anything. She then said she’d email me one. I received a confirmation of the cancellation of my room reservation that stated we had reserved a room with an accessible shower (even though they said one was not available at 3pm). I asked if someone could help get us a room at another Sheraton in the city. She said she could not. We left and found another Sheraton. I asked the Sheraton in Plantation if they would match our original rate. He said no because the problem at Cypress Creek was not his problem. We had to pay $30 more per night. I guess being an SPG member doesn’t matter as each hotel is owned separately. I will rethink our future stays at an RPG hotel again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Pam N
Annternett N, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Pam N,

Reviewed 28 July 2018

This is the second time we have stayed here. We stayed here last year July into August for about 2 weeks. We did not have the best experience but we were willing to return last year again in October, but the reservation was cancelled because of damage due to the hurricane.

So, we decided to give here another chance. The best thing about here is the Atrium. It's beautiful. Some of the staff are friendly; mainly the front desk and restaurant staff. That is why I gave 2 stars; 1 for the atrium and the other for the FEW staff members who were friendly. 95% of the housekeeping staff are what we call where I come from - unmannerly. They pass right by you and do NOT say hello, good morning or even give a smile (even if they don't mean it). EVERYDAY for the 18 days that I was here I encountered workers who were not pleasant.

When some housekeepers come to the room EARLY in the morning and we were not ready for our room to be cleaned, 99% of them had the worst facial expressions, some actually rolled their eyes and pushed their faces in the air. What do these people expect if people are HOLIDAY?! You will NOT want to get up early and you have the right to sleep in and have your room cleaned later. I MUST however mention housekeeper, Sandra. She was very pleasant all 3 times I encountered her. When I asked if she could come back later she said that it was no problem. Sandra with a smile, simply pulled out her clipboard with the rooms she had to clean, looked for my room number, asked me what time to return and wrote it on the paper. Thank God for Sandra. The other housekeepers that we encountered should take a leaf or 2 out of her book. Also, management need to train or retrain their housekeeping staff in friendliness and being courteous to guests whenever they encounter them. It makes a BIG difference to the guests' experience, especially when you stayed here as long as we did.

Now as I write this review, the night before we check out, I am literally stewing and trying not to let any perspiration drop on my laptop, because the A/C in our room is NOT working. And apparently it is NOT working in other rooms as well. However, we CANNOT confirm this because we have called the front desk twice and no one is answering the phone. My husband just got through and after cooking for 2 nights, they are ONLY planning to give us one night's credit. This is after we were stewing ALL day yesterday, all last night as we TRIED to sleep (which was very difficult), and we have to try to sleep through this heat again tonight, and they are ONLY giving us ONE night's credit. Plus they say they do not know what is wrong! This is ridiculous!!

There is much more I could say but I think I have said enough. Suffice to say that we will NOT be returning here again!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family