7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$157
FindHotelUS$156
Trip.comUS$157
TravelocityUS$157
4,464 results
All reviews evening reception made to order breakfast managers reception koi pond free happy hour pre cruise cruise port cocktail hour free breakfast total wine within walking distance pool area early check close to the airport living room convention center rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

I was shocked to find that the airport shuttle listed is not a courtesy transfer. It is $12 per person one way to travel about 2 miles from the airport to hotel. We have a family of 5 so it would cost us $120 round-trip, all to drive about 4 miles!! I have never paid for an airport shuttle when it is specifically listed on a hotel website/description on travel site. I would suggest management make this information much more prominent. I would not have booked this hotel if I had known. We took Lyft instead which cost about $75 round trip.

Beyond that, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The property is attractive. Check in and check out were seemless. Our room was spacious, and most importantly clean. I saw other reviews mentioning them being dirty or smelly, but all the areas we saw were clean and pleasant.

The breakfast offered was one if the best I've had post-COVID. Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, waffles and pancakes, pastries, fruit and drinks were offered. We found this to be tasty and a good value as we are feeding 2 teenage boys :).

Bottom line is that we liked the hotel but REALLY DISLIKED that their website (and travel websites) state there is an airport shuttle but does not mention the charge is $12 per person, or that the hours of operation are limited. This is not a good practice for a nice hotel so close to the airport. I would have given the hotel 5 stars if I hadn't forked out $75 unexpected for a ride that most hotels offer as a courtesy. Could have been worse @$120 for their shuttle.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gretchen00
Management response:Responded 1 June 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with the airport shuttle. We are not considered an airport hotel as we are outside of that ratio. However, we wanted to offer the service with a fee in case some guests are in need of transportation. Many of our guests book this service. I will follow up with all travel websites and make sure that they are showcasing the rate on their sites. This is something that we have always requested. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, that the check in/check out process was seamless and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms. I am very happy to read that you liked our complimentary breakfast, it is one of our favorite perks. I hope to welcome you and your family back in the future, please reach out directly if you ever plan to travel to Fort Lauderdale again.

Reviewed 28 May 2021

Overall stay was very good the only complain is the rooms, they got TVs that are very old, the beds are also old, even the carpet shows the age, if the rooms were to be updated the hotel would be 10 times better

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Management response:Responded 1 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and please know that we will take action and improve in those areas. We hope you enjoyed our hotel amenities as well as the location, walking distance to many restaurants and shops, 2 miles from the beach and a short ride to the airport. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Kathleen at the front desk was awesome! The rooms were clean but the carpet in the hallways needed serious cleaning. The furniture in the rooms are outdated. However, we loved the pool area...very relaxing.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Management response:Responded 1 June 2021

Thank you for your recent stay and for writing this review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our pool and the room was clean. We will follow up with Housekeeping to make sure the carpets in the hallways are properly cleaned. Thank you for mentioning Kathleen's work, we will make sure to congratulate her. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Surprised at how outdated this place was. Room finishes and furniture old and tired. Location not great. Silly to pay $30 to self park here, just makes this place less appealing. Patio doors dirty, so the view to the bay was obscured, balcony too small. Will not return.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank yzairman
Management response:Responded 21 May 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize about the furniture in the room and patio doors. I will follow up with our Housekeeping director and make sure this is properly addressed. I apologize about parking, all hotels in the area (East of Fort Lauderdale) have a parking fee due to parking being on high demand. We try to keep our rates lower than hotels on the beach were prices are $40+. I am sad to see that you didn't like our location as we are located only 2 miles away from Fort Lauderdale beach, 8 minutes from Fort Lauderdale airport and walking distance to over 42 restaurants, bars and shops. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2021

Kathleen at the front desk was extremely helpful when a problem was encountered and always went an additional step. Service with a smile on a daily basis. The chef was so friendly and helpful...along with the women working the bar.
If only the room hadn't been so old and broken down...the beds were horrible. The furniture dated and the couch was sooo uncomfortable to even sit to watch tv.
Great location...liquor store and Publix supermarket a 2 minute walk.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Management response:Responded 21 May 2021

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. I appreciate your words. I sincerely apologize for the beds and furniture in the room, I hope you mentioned it to the Front Desk and that we offered you a new room. We have a project to update the rooms that has been paused due to Covid, however, we will be working on it as soon as we can. I hope you are able to visit us again. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our location and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We are proud to serve our guests with a smile. I will thank Kathleen, Chef and the bartender. Thank you.