“Cool Vibe, great food”

Price range: US$9 - US$150
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great dinner so went twice. It has a cool vibe outside with club music playing. The food was excellent. Have great appetizer specials during happy hour and reasonable drink prices then. The only complaint would be they clear up your table too quickly and once took a plate before we were done. I guess they want the tables moving. But the service is fast, can't complain about slow service.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

The food was amazing and I recommend the spicy tuna roll, the service was very good, although the dessert was very tiny for 4 people but it was delightful. I also liked the employees.

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

The eggs Benedict in the morning is off the hook we came back and had sushi and appetizers for lunch. It was so good it was gone before I could take a picture. We will be back!

Reviewed 4 April 2021

First time at Takato. I found the food to be very good. We ordered seven different dishes and each one was more flavorful than the next. Service was a little weak. We received three appetizers before our drinks came out (took 20 mins to get our drinks, and we ordered our drinks first, at least five minutes before we ordered the apps). My guess is they are short staffed like many restaurants these days. However, they were also packed - with no social distancing whatsoever.

While I am glad to see a business thriving in the pandemic, I would not have dined at Takato had I known they don’t follow social distancing guidelines. The inside was packed. Two people deep at the bar - no mask wearing. It was just as bad outside. The tables were so close to each other that the wait staff could not navigate between tables. The table next to us was less that’s 18 inches away from our table. Before I made the reservation, I read the FAQ’s on their website where they clearly state they are following all CDC guidelines, including social distancing. That is not the case. Also, the menu they left at the table had food on it from someone else. I have no problem if a restaurant chooses not to follow CDC guidelines. Just don’t advertise that you do. You should take down the FAQ.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

This spot is impressive. Definitely sit outside and take in the ocean view.
The service was great--attentive but not overkill. As for the food, I can't help but compare the quality of food to what you'd get dining out in NYC, and I thought the duck bao buns were on the level. The rock shrimp tempura was very lightly fried and came with a delicious cilantro dipping sauce.
The chef's choice nigiri was pretty good, but some of the pieces were a little tough. The maki on the other hand were perfect!

Date of visit: March 2021