2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$199
Expedia.comUS$199
Hotels.comUS$199
PricelineUS$199
FindHotelUS$199
eDreamsUS$199
All reviews rooftop bar valet parking scallops chop house historic hotel brussel sprouts hi fi self park terrific service welcome cocktail hear the music modern conveniences full service hotel greeting guests perfect place to watch the sunset enjoyed dinner room was nice size
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 May 2021

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Tons of charm and feels like a world away from the city but only 30 minute drive from Tampa airport.

I had a third floor suite which was quite spacious and the bathroom very large with double sinks and a walk in shower. The mini bar selection was vast by most hotel standards and not too bad pricing wise.

The common area, particularly the rooftop bar, was nice. Wonderful breeze, beautiful view onto the bay, and a great place to have a cocktail or lunch. I did both!

I ate at the restaurant for dinner one night and highly recommend. The food was delicious.

The location is also super nice - less than a 10 minute walk to downtown Dunedin and restaurants, etc. The Pinellas biking walking travel is just behind and the Blue Jays park is 2 blocks away. I was able to drive up to Honeymoon bay and rent a kayak (5 mile drive) and used their onsite bikes another day to go up to Tarpon Springs. Tons of things to do in a laid back atmosphere.

I noted some comments about the single elevator but this is an older hotel and it only has 3 floors. My room was on the 3rd floor and I only used it once to check in. The stairs were easy to use!

I was also fine with the valet - I noticed when I walked by Saturday evening they had cars jammed into the back lots with the wedding, restaurant and hotel guests. There was not enough room to self park and at least for me, the valet was super helpful when I left my phone in the car.

A few things to note and recommendations for the hotel:

1. The restaurant is not open all 7 days this time of year - I believe only Wednesday or Thursday through the weekend. Breakfast is also not served until 0800, although I think coffee is available in the lobby before.

2. As mentioned elsewhere, while the room was nice, the carpet was stained and either needed steamed cleaned or replaced. You can't have a top tier hotel with badly stained carpeting. The common areas looked great - this was just in the room.

3. There was no chair for the desk in the room. I realize 95% of the people aren't working while staying but I was one day and a desk chair would have been nice.

4. The landscaping could probably be enhanced a bit, particularly in the front and around the pool but that was pretty minor.

Room tip: I had 364 which is a corner suite - super quiet. Views were marginal however.
Date of stay: May 2021
Michael Melendez, General Manager at Fenway Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Dear Cjohn1625,

We are very excited to share your amazing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Fenway Hotel, Autograph Collection. It is always great to have our guests share this feedback as it allows future guests to have a better idea on what to expect. I will make sure to also share this with our entire team here as we cannot wait to host you again for another "awesome time" here in Dunedin, FL. Thank you again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 18 May 2021

My wife and I recently completed a 4 night stay. It was my 4th visit. The staff is wonderful and the property has great rooms and great public spaces- exterior in front of the hotel with a water view and a great pool area in an interior courtyard. The town of Dunedin is a short 10 minute walk with many excellent bars, restaurants, shops, etc. Finally, the Dunedin Blue Jays ballpark is an eight minute walk! Take me out to the ballgame......

Date of stay: May 2021
Michael Melendez, General Manager at Fenway Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Dear williammF7710DN,

It is always great to be able to hear feedback from a repeat guest here at Fenway Hotel and looking forward to a 5th visit as well! Your detailed feedback will be shared with our team here as they all take great pride on ensuring we are doing everything we can to surpass expectations. I am glad our future guest will be able to read your feedback to know what to expect to help plan their vacation accordingly as I agree our location is ideal as you can truly walk everywhere as you mentioned. We hope that we see you before next year Spring Training and we will hold a spot for you here at Fenway Hotel. Have a fantastic day and thank you again!

Reviewed 5 May 2021

This hotel has a lot of character with nice rooms. Has the feel of an old hotel which I like rather than a new cookie cutter hotel. The bar at the top of the resort is awesome. Great view and one of the bartenders was excellent. Wish I had gotten her name.

Issues are the couch in our room looked like things I don't want to mention were done on it. Same with the carpet. Our shower door did not close as it was off the tracks.

Breakfast at the restaurant was mediocre as well.

For the price paid I'd expect the minor details to be paid attention to.

For the price paid

1  Thank 524geralda
Michael Melendez, General Manager at Fenway Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2021

Dear 524geralda,

Thank you very much for staying with us and more so, taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay! It is always great to have our guests enjoy the character and charm of our hotel, while especially having the opportunity to enjoy our rooftop bar with amazing sunsets and great service! I can assure you that we will work with our team to address the room concerns as well as our morning F&B team as we strive to ensure all aspects of our guests experience are beyond expectations. Again, thank you for leaving this feedback and we truly hope that we get to host you in the future to show you nothing short of an amazing experience. Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 25 April 2021

Maybe it’s just us, but after deciding to top off our FL vacation by splurging on a night in a top-shelf hotel, we left feeling uncomfortable, frustrated, and gouged. First, you are forced to use valet parking, which is totally unnecessary—it just seems like a pretentious affectation in a hotel this size—and inconvenient to boot. This isn’t downtown NYC or Philly, where considerations of space make it necessary. If you need something out of your car you can’t just go out and get it; you have to ask the valet for it, and of course you always feel obliged to tip. Gets old fast. The hotel itself has only one elevator (that we could find), so there were inevitably long, time-wasting lines to get to another floor. Our room was of adequate size, and clean, but there weren’t enough towels—we had to call for more—and there wasn’t sufficient table space to put our luggage. The bathroom sink was mounted at an angle that caused things to fall off, and the drain couldn’t be closed. The room had no coffee maker, which forced us to get dressed and schlep to the lobby for it first thing in the morning, and there was no microwave. Do you maybe want an ordinary muffin or toast to go with your coffee, some juice, or a piece of fruit? Forget it. You have to wait for the restaurant to open and order some pretentious, elaborate breakfast. (I’ve noted other reviewers who’ve rated the food mediocre. We didn’t have anything.). Absolutely EVERYTHING costs extra, even a lousy bottle of water, on top of the $440.00+ per-night bill. An ordinary Hampton Inn or Microtel would give you more for roughly half the cost. This place has a hoity-toity reputation , but in my judgment you do NOT get value for your money.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger M
Michael Melendez, General Manager at Fenway Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2021

Dear Roger M,

We thank you for allowing us to host you here with us and truly appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback as well. I am truly sorry that your overall experience with us was not up to the standards we are known for as we strive to ensure all of our guests have the most exceptional stay from check in to check out. I will share your feedback with the appropriate team as we are always eager to learn where we can improve. We are working on the process on adding coffee makers in the room, but until that time we are still offering complimentary coffee in our Lobby area. Again, I am sorry you had that experience but truly hope that when you come back you allow us to host you again as I am confident we can showcase to you an amazing experience. Please let me know when you come back as I would like to thank you in person as well! Thank you again and have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

We spent our last night at the gulf in this hotel and were really anticipating the stay as a great end to our trip...so wrong. The staff at check in were very friendly but that was about it, the hotel is guest unfriendly. If you need to get something out of your car or want to even use your car not going to happen very quickly. This was a Saturday night so the wait for our car was quite long. Self parking should be an option, this is not Manhattan. The room was clean but that is about it, no coffeemaker, microwave or even wrapped glasses in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, the room was large but not even a shelf to put anything on. It appeared to be an accessible bathroom but don’t understand why there is no place to put anything. On to the food (or lack of it), don’t expect to get so much as a muffin if you are an early riser and nothing is complimentary, not even water. The rooftop bar had a ridiculous line including a line for the one elevator, no social distancing in the packed lobby/bar and very long waits so you are out of luck unless you want food at an off hour. My husband and I had our covid vaccines and still felt uncomfortable with the crowding and lack of social distancing. I have stayed at many hotels of this alleged caliber and never wrote a negative review until now. The Novotels in Europe do a better job of packing amenities in a small space. The Hampton Inn is a better choice, you will be more comfortable....sad because with some changes this could be fantastic.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connector28458958201

Dear Connector2845895201,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing us as your destination of choice during your travels especially during the last night at the gulf. We truly strive ourselves here on providing exceptional service and it sounds very evident during your stay, you were unable to get that experience. During our peak nights such as Friday/Saturday, we provide Valet Only as it guarantees our guest a parking spot as we host major events as well. We are also in the process of adding coffee makers in our room but want to ensure it is the right coffee experience for our guests too, but we still are providing complimentary coffee in our lobby area. Your feedback is imperative to our success as it lets us know where we are succeeding and where we need to improve. This feedback will be shared with our entire team and we truly hope to have the opportunity in the future to host you again in order to show you what we are truly capable of. Again, thank you for allowing us to host you and have a fantastic day!