“Disappointing return”

Price range: US$1 - US$13
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

After having a good meal here a few years ago I returned to try again but was disappointed. While the menu looks good the food and drinkings were disappointing. The Margarita special tasted as though it had no alcohol in it, which I returned only to get a second one that was equally poor. The prime rib I ordered was OK but not worth the price. The service was especially poor. We had to request that a waitress see us after sitting there unacknowledged for 15 minutes. A number of items we ordered had to be reordered again because of the poor service. All in all very disappointing and I wiil not be returning.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Took the family out to dinner to this place...I put pepper on my dinner side salad and started to see it move! At a closer look, it was flies! The more I move the salad around the more flies I found.

Then my daughter ordered the French Onion Soup and found a long hair in it. Grossest thing ever.

I spoke with the one of the owners who said he went through 10 bags of salad a day (meaning it was fresh, it wasn't) and said all his kitchen staff had shaved heads (they don''t) ...Basically calling me a liar. Then the guy says "Whatever, Peace Out" after offering to pickup the cost of the salad and soup....We didn't even get our dinners!

There are way to many restaurant options in the area to go to this place. Don't take the chance or waste your money.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Got salmon cooked to perfection. best Dirty martinis ever and friendly staff especially Amy and Jordan.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The hamburger was well done as was the brisket sandwich. Service was attentive. Nice décor with old photos.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Four of us stopped there for lunch after a morning at Blue Springs State Park checking out the Manatees. This is always a great place for lunch or dinner in downtown DeLand. We all had a selection from the lunch fare although I believe you could order off the entree portion of the menu. Two of us had the grilled chicken sandwich, one had the BBQ sandwich, the other the Cuban Sandwich. Everyone was raving about the good food and great service. We noticed they have a full salad bar with several meats and soups to choose from and reasonably priced, maybe next time. Don't miss DeLand and Bill and Frank's Brick House.