“Delicious dinner and fast”

Garcia's Mexican Grill
Ranked #37 of 193 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We only had a short amount of time and were actually looking for another Mexican restaurant (which is practically next door). Not that familiar with Deland but knew to stay away from pricey downtown by the college. The menu had my favorite, Chili Rellenos, so that is what I ordered - 2 ala carte as I was not hungry enough for beans and rice. What s wonderful and delicious surprise! I would use less cheese if I made them but they were perfect.
My husband got vegetarian entree 1 and enjoyed it as well.
We will definitely return and recommend to friends!

1  Thank Ann D

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Beautifully decorated, prompt and friendly service, and authentic Mexican Food! Best Fajitas (Sizzling) ever! Served with a huge portion of Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Lettuce, Rice, Beans and Tortillas! You won't be hungry when you leave, and most likely take a goodly portion home with you! Love the place!

1  Thank Lynda1944
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Went into they were busy, waited 20 minutes at the bar in seats, still nobody said boo, we were there even after we cleaned the bar off ourselves. Servers getting their own drinks, finally asked is anyone working the bar to a server laughed and said no, customers laughed and hell we left.
Food must be good for as crowded as they were but why put up with rude Staff. Go one block south, they're just as busy and friendly as hell...

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Good food, good service and excellent prices. I used to come here every day for lunch for over 4 months when I worked near by and I liked everything that I ate. Ingredients always fresh.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I normally go a little further down the street; however, today I decided to stop at Garcia's. It was a delight. I ordered the Classic Chimichanga with Beef. I received a huge platter of food. There was a salad with really fresh but ripe tomatoes (not the greenish looking ones you see so often), refried beans, Mexican rice, and TWO Chimichangas. The Chimichangas were covered in just the right amount of white queso sauce. There was so much food that I will have plenty for two more meals. The service was just right. Checked on me but didn't "stalk" me. The inside of the restaurant was nicely decorated, the music was excellent, and everyone there seemed very happy including the customers. I will definitely go back again and again. It was outstanding.

1  Thank RyMagee

Been to Garcia's Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!