“We Were Very Disappointed ”
Review of Beachside Grille

Beachside Grille
Ranked #98 of 442 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this place when one of our favorites nearby was closed for repairs. It's very small with seating for maybe 30 with additional seating at the small bar. It was Friday night and there were about 18 people seated. One large table was just finishing. We were greeted and seated promptly. My husband got soda which was flat. I had a glass of white wine. I ordered the blackened salmon with side salad and veggies. My husband ordered fries and a rib sampler appetizer, which is a half rack with half BBQ sauce and half Jamaican jerk. My salad came relatively quickly and was the best part of the evening. The homemade green goddess dressing was fabulous but you can have too much of a good thing. There was way too much dressing. Then we waited. And waited. By the time we got our food 45 minutes later, the place was nearly empty. My salmon was overcooked and had the consistency of shoe leather. Thankfully, I couldn't taste it because of the blackening spices that were crusted on. The veggies were cooked OK but were so salty I couldn't eat them. My husband's ribs looked to be cooked fine but were drowned in both the BBQ sauce and the Jamaican jerk sauce. My husband got a second flat soda but did get a good one after letting the server know. In sum, the salad and the fries were OK but everything else was really bad and the 45 minute wait was ridiculous especially since it wasn't very busy at all. I recommend going across the street to Friendly Tavern which always has fantastic food and service at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Sodas have no carbonation, no air conditioning.. The server didn't speak much English.
And that was just to start.
I'm Actually sitting here still waiting on my burger and fries while I write this, and mind you I ordered over 52 minutes ago....
This is a hole in the wall place for locals but not a place to take your family unless you want crap bar food in a hot bar.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank timgaskin
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Always a pleasure.. the food is tasty, the conversations are great and the prices are fabulous!! Cute place with lots of character!!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I often wonder when I read reviews...did they eat the same food? Drunken shrimp vinegary ? Calamari ok grouper sandwich just mediocre pasta side too oiley.
Staff has a smile . Beer warm from tap . So again just when you think you have found a gem...not so ..

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

What a great little place. Food excellent and staff very attentive.
Would recommend a visit for sure. We would go back ! It feels like a little hole in the wall.. Love it.

Date of visit: March 2016