All reviews cruise port front desk free bottled water burger king free breakfast fort lauderdale fast food free shuttle next morning shuttle service shopping center across the street yogurt the breakfast area taco bell one night stay sofa bed mini fridge
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here several times through the years and have always enjoyed this hotel. On this stay we used the hotel shuttle from the airport which was efficient. There was a family reunion being held that made the lobby crowded and fortunately we seemed to have a room away from the crowds since we never heard any noise. The free breakfast was good as usual. My only complaint was the shuttle that takes you from the hotel to the cruise pier has been free for years and is now $10 pp. Depending on many people are in your party it may be cheaper to take an Uber.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Akeasley
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Akeasley,

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port once again for your accommodation and for sharing your review. We are happy to know you had a great stay with us and loved the excellent service we provide along with our comfortable accommodation. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Usually it is quiet and a good place for business, but now there are many, many people going to or from a "cruise", making for a crowded breakfast, and slow elevators, get ore slow with all the guests. I like the location, and the staff is always the best, but the new crowds are making it less of a useful stop.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear David P,

Thank you for returning to the SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port while here for a business. We are glad that you liked our friendly associates as well as our ideal location. However, we are sorry for any inconvenience you had. We hope this didn't overshadow your positive experience and that you will consider choosing us again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The front desk staff all like robots, not very accommodating. When checking out they wouldn’t print my receipt , saying that Marriott Is going green... how can you check your charges? Mind you I am lifetime gold Marriott rewards so not my first rodeo. This is my first review. Hotel needs updating.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Palmtreeman1963
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Palmtreeman1963,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to give feedback. We apologize that our staff were not at their best during your time with us and that you felt that our facilities could use some updating. We strive to provide our guests with excellent service every time and we regret that we fell short during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the hospitality you should have received during this visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

There were so many bad issues with this hotel that there is not enough space. First, I only stayed one night because it was close to the airport. The staff was very unfriendly, unlike most Marriott chain hotels’ staff. The elevators took about 10 minutes to open. Their was a guy beating a girl during my stay. I warned the front desk when I heard the yelling but nothing was done until it became physical. Really? Fights going on? I informed the desk that I didnt have hot water. They sent someone that didnt do much and said it wasn’t working. My room was changed. However, before I moved all my stuff, I tested the water and realized cold and hot indicators were not working. Went back to my old room and tried again, and yes mine was working. Again, the staff had no clue of what it was doing. Lastly, I got home and emptied my suitcase in a white sheet and there were bugs everywhere! Didnt even want tge breakfast, everything looked disgusting.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear E D,

Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered during your stay. There is no excuse for failing to provide you with an outstanding stay and service and we regret that this was not what you experienced. We strive to provide our guests with a stress-free and comfortable time with us and we promise immediate steps will be taken to ensure we do not repeat these mistakes and corrective action is taken where needed. We hope you will give us a another chance to improve your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Stayed here with my gram. As someone with severe allergies, I appreciated that they had kleenex brand tissues. They had a decent breakfast. We liked the free shuttle from the Airport and purchased one way from the hotel to the cruise port(the earliest time). We would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear 187travel,

Thank you for your terrific review of SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port. We are so pleased to read that you loved our breakfast offerings and shuttle service which was perfect for your needs. We appreciate you recommending us online and look forward to serving you again soon.