Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bonding with Nature

This was one of the highlight vacation destinations of my life. Gently floating in 4 ft of river... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Livingtdy
Bradenton, Florida
Amazing experience and great company

My husband and I booked with Captain Mike after it being recommend from a friend....we were not... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago

from US$63.60
from US$60.00
from US$94.00
More Info
All reviews platinum tour private tour manatee tour wet suits hour tour house boat crackers hot chocolate wonderful experience bucket list noodles three hours gentle creatures wild animals underwater camera face to face snorkel gear
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I know there are a lot of companies out there that offer manatee tours, but You will not regret booking with Captain Mikes! We did the platinum tour with Captain Bill and truly had the best experience! Captain Bill was very knowledgeable about the area and manatee. He tapered the day to what we wanted to do and see. The boat is a house boat with bathroom and heat. They had coffee, tea, hot cocoa, water and snacks for us. We were able to observe/interact with 15+ manatee during the 5 hour tour. This was our favorite day while visiting Florida! I highly recommend Captain Mikes manatee tours!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Captain Mike tour was a good experience. The captain did a great job trying to find few manatees. I saw three manatees but it was very limited experience. If you really want to enjoy it come when temp is below 72F otherwise you will be disappointed. I have to come back next winter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a Platinum tour for this past Valentine's Day (2019) and drove to Crystal River on the afternoon of the 13th. We stayed at the Quality Inn, who gave us a discount since we had reserved with Captain Mike, and the desk clerk gave us a dinner recommendation for Cody's. At Cody's, my wife and I both had the Valentine's special of steak and lobster tail and the steak was among the best I've ever had, and that's coming from a certified carnivore.
Captain Mike's desk clerk gave us a helpful reminder call at about 7:45 on our way to boat, as it is just a bit tricky to find the place, but the location and atmosphere is, truly, laid back and what you'd think you'd find in a place that's close to 'old Florida'. It turns out my wife and I were the only people for this tour, perhaps because the previous night's temps was in the 30's and our Captain was Bill and our guide was Kayla. We had an awesome first swim, saw lots of manatees (and other fish) and swam over one of the "holes" where the springs are located. Once back on the boat, my wife was thoroughly chilled (Kayla stated that this was her, "...coldest ever swim..."). Instead of just hanging out and swinging on the anchor, Captain Bill gave us a supreme tour of the Crystal River basin offering lots of local information and color commentary. I also appreciated that when he received an occasional phone call from other Captains about where manatees were located he was courteous and helpful.
Boat touring, as opposed to swimming again, was A-OK with my wife (which means it was double A-OK with me...you other married guys will know what I mean) who was just getting warmed up when we got back.
All in all, an excellent Valentine's outing with a knowledgeable Captain who knew how to save the day when it proved too cold for another swim. KUDOS!
Finally, a Captain Mike's staffer recommended Charlie's Fish House for lunch, which was great!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As we enjoyed our last dinner after a weeklong vacay my family and I conversed about our best and worst moment of the trip. My worst was sitting in the “tiki hut” having captain Tom start off with “well, it’s been warm so I hope we can see a manatee today” ummm, say what now??? I didn’t drive 2 hours and pay $164 for my family of 3 to possibly see a manatee today! WTH, you may want to inform people of this ahead of time! Now, I get that they have NO control over the manatees but should probably add this info to their website/Facebook page or inform people when they call to make a reservation so they can manage expectations. I felt duped knowing they booked a boat full of people knowing they were not able to give what their website shows. We dont pay $50+ per person to hear your lame jokes on a cold boat ride across a river. We did luckily come across 2 manatees lounging at the bottom but I feel like they overbook these trips and there were so many people jockeying to see them it was more stressful than peaceful. Got kicked and pushed around as everyone is instructed to awkwardly float on belly with feet up and paddle around with your hands. The manatee eventually gets bothered and swims away. Also, don’t believe all the pics you see of people petting and kissing manatees, you are not allowed to get within 10 feet of them. As with most situations, this experience didn’t live up to the amazing pics on the brochures or websites and definitely left us disappointed. I feel they charge way too much for what it is and cram too many people on the trips to make $. Don’t get me started about the ONE bathroom and long line to change while standing there freezing and wet. There are plenty of manatee tours on Groupon right now (which I realized after I booked this one). Captain Mikes was nothing special, not worth $50 in my opinion.

1  Thank Thisismyopinion5
Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

We went out this morning at 10:00am. Since it was cold last night there were a lot of manatee that came in for the gulf, but it was much busier at the 7am launch, if we still saw plenty! The crew was great, Captain Tom was very informative and really wanted us to see the manatees up close. He’s also a very good storyteller! We totally loved the trip, but next time will go for the 7am trip.