“Best breakfast in the Gables”
Review of Chocolate Fashion

Chocolate Fashion
Ranked #1 of 19 Dessert in Coral Gables
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Chocolate fashion is the best place for breakfast in the Gables. Expect this restaurant to be busy, especially during weekend breakfast/brunch hours. It is also popular for lunch during the week. Everything here is good, from poached eggs with multigrain bread to french toast and quiche. Lunch options, such as soup and sandwich or salads are yummy too. Their pastries are amazing for "merienda" or afternoon coffee time. The mini cakes, mouses and tarts are great for gatherings.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 21 February 2018

This is the #1 breakfast spot in Coral Gables based on the atmosphere, service, and the quality of their menu!!!

The quaint décor will remind you of a café in Paris. Small, intimate, and nicely decorated. As for the service, their team is very friendly. Might not be the most crisp service you've ever experienced, but they do have a very warm manner. And then there is the menu. Fantastic! Delicious multi-grain bread, and eggs (scrambled in my case) prepared perfectly! Superb coffee!!!

Can't wait to go back ...

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I'm a Coral Gables neighbor and I love this place. Today I got into the store around 5:50, they closes at 6:00 pm, and I was waiting for another patron to finish her order of fine chocolates, and even though there were three more employees behind the counter doing nothing, no one came to help me. I decided to take a sit, I just wanted a cortadito and a Napoleón, so one of the employees took the menu and brought it to me. When I told her what I wanted she told me the coffee maker was already cleaned and shut off and they were not able to serve me a coffee just the dessert. I asked her what the owner would think about that and left the store. Once outside I checked my phone and it was 5:55 pm. Not a good experience today.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Livia R
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Girls of the family, 4 generations, gor together fir breakfast. Place is small and cozy and is always full. Great selection of pastries and sweets. We ordered brioche french toasts, croissants and sime fruit tarte. Delicious. Coffees are so good. French waiter, Didier, was outstanding. Pleasure to talk to him! When in Coral Gables please try to go!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

most of the cakes are stale. you can buy a brioche and its probably 2 days old. when it comes to the cakes you have 50% chance to get a fresh one otherwise you are in also for a 2 days old pastry. when you pay 5.5$ for a cake at least have it fresh

Date of visit: December 2017