“Excellent!”

Ranked #1 of 390 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian fine dining our way. Hosted by Beto DiCarlo, chef and 3rd generation restaurateur. Come join us for Italian traditional family recipes in a warm, friendly and inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit there in 2 weeks. 1 with another couple and last night with family. We love this place, such a gem in Coral Gables! The staff is amazing. We started off with Prosecco and Burrata. The Prosecco was cold and crisp. The Burrata was creamy and tasty. The bruschetta and warm bread is wonderful. I had the Carbonara and it is amazing. My husband one of the specials and our family had the special lasagna and the spaghetti bolognese. We had a bottle of Chianti and we shared a slice of ricotta cheesecake. Everything is freshly prepared and hot when served. The owner and staff is checking on everyone and speaking to everyone. We will certainly be back when we visit Miami again.

Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is such a gem. It's my favorite Italian in town. The sauces are homemade as well as most pasta. I love the green pappardelle pasta, and my boyfriend always gets the chicken parmesan. He hasn't been able to enjoy another chicken parmesan since he found this one. The gnocchi are so good and when the lasagna is available, get it! This place never disappoints and I love going to see the everyone who works there. It's like family.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2019

I was their for a business lunch ....that was perfect....I had the Sebast that was simply so fresh and tasty......
I will be back soon....nice people.....nice family!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

My husband surprised me yesterday and took me to the hidden gem!!!! I have never in my life have experienced such a magnificent service and hospitality, I felt at home and I was treated like family!!
Beto the owner and his son are tremendous host, every single server was on top of us make of sure we had a good experience. Now the food!!!! Ohhh my God I don't know were to start. We got champagne, the wine was an exquisite Malbec, mussels for appetizer ,yummmmm and the bread I can still taste it. Main course chicken Parmesan and the four cheese gnocchi, the chicken cooked to perfection and the gnocchi melt in your mouth. My husband had the seafood risotto wow so much flavor!!! This is my favorite place to eat in the entire world!! Will be back soon.
Thank you to all for the amazing service.
Oh almost forgot the amazing dessert a must try apple tart

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

First of all I want to compliment the owner and the staff for allowing me and my wife the honor of eating at this gem of a place. This is not a restaurant per se, it's like being invited to an Italian family members home for dinner. From the moment you walk in you are greeted by the staff and the owner. They are all so friendly and make you feel at home immediately. We started with the mussels in red sauce and right away we knew we were in the right place ! The bread is to die for as well. Our main courses were the Risotto Marinara for me and the half chicken Parmesan and 4 cheese gnocchi for my wife . We tasted and shared everything and it was by far the best Italian food I have to date . We capped it off with a homemade Apple pastry dessert that was to die for . The dinner ended for us with a beautiful conversation with the owner "Beto" who I now consider my friend . You owe it to yourself to eat at this fine establishment.
Be patient because getting a reservation to this gem is hard fought but trust me , it's well worth the wait .