“Not Recommended”

Bellmont Spanish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellmont Spanish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 389 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Spanish, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Distinctive and elegant, carefully combining sophistication and tradition to fascinate the most demanding clientele of Coral Gables, Miami. Bellmónt Spanish Restaurant, established in 2013, is a family-owned and operated eatery committed to delight the most exquisite palates with fresh, made from scratch, traditional Spanish Cuisine. Book your special celebration in this Award Winning "2016 City Beautiful" for its Outstanding Dining Room. With a maximum capacity of 120 people, Bellmónt features a gorgeous hand-made wine bar, a custom-made Ibérico ham corner "La Jamonería, and a traditional 14,500 pounds wood-fired oven brought from Spain. Bellmónt is proud to be the only restaurant in Miami roasting suckling pigs "cochinillo a la leña," and lamb, in their wood-fired oven, the traditional way. Bellmónt's food is superb, prepared with love and with ingredients of utmost quality. Bellmónt Spanish Restaurant serves the authentic taste to Spain. Live music is offered every Friday night.
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a strange experience; I have never seen so much go wrong. My family and I went there for the Miami Spice for lunch. Ours was the only table, there were no waiters, the owner was serving. I had to send both my dishes back as the ham croquettes had no whiff of ham and the salmon was cooked to death and drowned in the mixture of salad dressing and soy sauce. My husband, hungry and polite, finished his undercooked flavorless eggplant salad-like appetizer and the pork sandwich. When we complained, the owner became very combative accusing us of insulting his home (?). And charged us 90 cents for bread:) The whole episode was sad. They need to do better to thrive on Miracle Mile.

Date of visit: September 2018
Claudia R, Owner at Bellmont Spanish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear A. Maderas:
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at our restaurant yesterday, Sept 19th 2018, for lunch time. As I am sorry as well you are only describing and sharing your false partial and subjective opinion about your visit with us, thus creating false assumptions and harassing comments towards us.
Let me elaborate; when you came to the restaurant, your surprising face and corporal language said it all right from the moment you entered at Bellmónt. You were so disappointing about being the only customer that, only because of this fact, you chose to give us a hard time, as well as your guests, by criticizing every single aspect of our food, service, and even bill!
Your son asked for the appetizer included in the Miami Spice Lunch option; which he ate without complain at all, and left not even the bed of greens for decoration. Your husband ordered the sauteed vegetables and pork loin bocata with the same results, not a single crumb in either both of the plates But here we come with your plates! We talked and chat previous your food order; you even mentioned about the advertising and patronizing we do at the Coral Gables Cinema, and the Actors Play House (in the past), as well as your husband mentioned our paellas at the Farmers Market (every year, for five years now, from Jan through March, in front of the Coral Gables, City Hall). Well, when the iberico ham croquettes arrived, you didn't even tried them. You just cut one of the croquettes in half and complained about there was no ham in it. I explained you the way we make and prepare the croquettes, as well as the type of ham we use, which you obviously didn't care at all, you just wanted to get the tapas removed from your bill. Right after you asked for MORE bread. And I am pointing at it, as you may have not read the menu (or do not know how), we state there is a charge of $0.90/ for extra bread basket; we always offer a complimentary bread basket for our customers, and charge additional if requested, as clearly stated in our menu. You probably missed the rest of the items we have with all prices posted in our menu, as well as the bread baskets, but didn't want to pay for the two extra bread baskets you asked for.
We keep going with the salmon; this time, you tried the salmon, ate half of it, and then complaining about the salmon being dry, completely inedible. At this point, trust me, I know when a customer does not want to be helped, and only looking for clear trouble, conflict and confrontation, after five years taking care of our more than 35K customers.
I did not event replied with a comment; asked if you wanted the plate to be removed so did I. If your complain is about the business owner taking care of your table, I wish I could go to many places anywhere and being taken care by the owners themselves; well this is what we do at our family owned and operated business, proudly serving and taking care of our customers, personal

Sergio Catalina Bellmónt
Owner and Executive Chef

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I took me a very long time to discover this place. Now, I can’t stop recommending it to every friend. Excellent food, the service is THE BEST! The owner and his wife take care of you personally. I have never seen this in Miami. A place you can not miss. Unfortunately it is a hidden place en Miracle Mile. Belmont is a Real GERM! Nice, quite and the Food, The food is the BEST! Wines are cheap, Music is excellent. If you are looking for a place to eat and be satisfied at the end, please stop by Bellmont! The Nicest in Miracle Mile!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is incredible in every aspect! The couple that own and run the restaurant are the most personable, welcoming, and make your dining experience amazing. My wife had the seafood paella, and I had the bone in ribeye steak. Both were amazing and cooked to perfection. I even opted to finish the cooking of my ribeye steak at tableside on a hot stone. If you are anywhere in the Coral Gables, miracle mile area, you owe it to yourself to come and enjoy the taste of Spain!! I almost forgot! You must try the aged ham and cheese platter of your choice. They are absolutely scrumptious!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Lee1Bowen
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Our family was bringing our daughter to U Miami for her freshman year. We decided that we wanted to experience a Spanish restaurant to bring back the fond memories of our older daughter's Study Abroad experience in Madrid. We were not disappointed! From the friendliness of the Maitre D, to the fantastic wine list to the delicious tapas, we were all transported back to Madrid. Thank you for making this a truly wonderful experience for our family. We will be back many times over the next four years!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Bozku3
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I went to Bellmont with family that were visiting from New Jersey. They actually made the reservations as it was a place they wanted to try and since I had never been (despite living in Coral Gables), we were all looking forward to it. It did not disappoint but instead delighted. The food is amazing and authentic, the wine was divine, the owners are friendly and warm, and the live entertainment was really good. Overall it was an excellent experience!

Date of visit: May 2018