All reviews miracle mile airport shuttle le jeune front desk staff the hotel staff would stay here again free weights within walking distance nice pool area rooms are comfortable street noise fitness center up to date business trip coconut grove lobby miami
Reviewed 11 December 2018

12/9/18; we were a family of eight and staying in three rooms. The parking is $15 per night. Reception is good, friendly and that is about it. The rooms are outdated, I looked at our king size bed and it had dips on both sides and a hump in the middle so the mattress was worn out. Our room: the shower handle was very loose and about to fall off; both trash cans had no plastic liners so the trash and tissues were dumped but the germ were still there in the cans. My wife is a nurse and said people that blow their noses and use the trash cans deposit those germs also get on the sides of the cans. The toilet paper rod 'holders' that holds the roll of paper were placed too far apart and the entire roll hit the ground with slight pressure. I have installed over 50 of these and know the correct distance and this one was just wrong. The shower apparently had a crack in the grout line and someone used adhesive glue instead of white grout to fix the crack; again more incompetence. In my wife's daughters room the shower back up at 12:00 midnight and maintenance came up to attempt to unstop but failed. Nothing like a backed up drain to ruin your day; they could not shower the next morning either. Their queen size bed had a large dip in the middle, if this hotel was renovated what happen to the bedding? It is worn out based on my assessment of two rooms. My wife overheard other guest complaining about the breakfast at the hotel, stale bagels and small selection of breakfast items. We chose to eat elsewhere that next morning.
Also normally I praise management for responding to reviews but not in this case; it is just lip service. Apparently nothing has been done and I don't blame management but the owners not wanting to spend any money out of their profits which will diminish if things do not improve.

Room tip: Stay off the main drag, LeJuene, but consider another place
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Dear James A,

Thank you for being our loyal guest and choosing to stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for your less than perfect stay. It is disappointing when any guest leaves our hotel disappointed, but even more so when we let down a loyal Marriott customer such as yourself. We work hard to meet and exceed the service expected of us, so we are disheartened when we read a review like yours. We will be addressing all of your concerns with our team to ensure the needed repairs are made and proper inspections are completed as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We hope you will give us another try to provide you the excellent Marriott service you have come to love and expect from us.

Reviewed 8 December 2018 via mobile

I had a brief but comfortable stay. Great service at check-in that came with a welcome gift of water bottles and a cookie. Clean room and cozy bed. The interior is dated and could use updating in the rooms and in the halls. My bathroom was tight due to a weird layout. Plenty of hot water and pressure in the shower which is much more important. Location was a short drive to the airport, walking distance to many bars and restaurants, and close to Little Havana. There was a neighborhood trolley I did not use but a nice thing to have. Free airport shuttle was clutch. I'd stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2018

Dear Turner S,

Thank you for the wonderful review and taking the time to share your experience online. We are thrilled our staff made you feel welcome and that our location proved to be excellent for your visit. We have taken a note of your feedback as it helps us to plan our future updates. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard Miami Coral Gables. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 7 December 2018

This is basically a "standard" Marriott Courtyard property on a very busy road (LeJuene), with lots of traffic noise. Best bet is to specifically request a room that faces East (the pool), which is on the opposite side of the hotel from the busy road, considerably dampening the noise, if you want to get some sleep at night and are a light sleeper. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: See the review - get a room away from the main road.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2018

Dear F M,

It was so nice to read that your stay with us was mostly enjoyable. However, we would have preferred that it was outstanding in every respect. Your comments tell us we have room for improvement, and we will be evaluating what we can do differently to prevent another guest from experiencing these same noise disturbances. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you will accept our apologies for the inconvenience it caused you. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I used to live in Coral Gables so I am familiar with the hotel but never stayed. I live in New York again and I had to re-route my trip from Phoenix to Miami. This was not a planned trip by any means and I was upset. The Front Desk staff was very accommodating and nice to me. They answered all questions I needed and were responsive. The Housekeeping staff was just as courteous to me, always with a smile. The Food and Beverage staff was always nice to me and courteous the few times I had to visit. Overall, I would be remiss not to share how awesome this hotel is. And I wanted other people to know how fabulous it is.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank iuzzolth
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear iuzzolth,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff at the Courtyard Miami Coral Gables. We are happy to read they took good care of you and were able to exceed your expectations. We want all of our guests to feel welcome and valued, so we are glad that you had this experience. Thanks again for your terrific feedback! We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Miami/Coral Gables area.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Okay price and good location for this hotel. Coral Gables is under hosteled so reasonable accommodations are hard to find. Bad aspects includes a $10 surcharge for parking. In addition, although the hotel has been remodeled they failed to put in new windows and the old windows let in a lot of street noise which is especially a problem on the rooms that face busy Lejeune road. Another negative is the floppy, too soft beds. Overall I would rate this hotel as average at best. It all comes down to the price that you get.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Jorge F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review. Although we are happy to see you were pleased with our price and location, we are disappointed to learn you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your room and the parking surcharge. I understand how important it is to have a good night's sleep and I am sorry you were not able to rest well. In addition, it is important that all guests are well informed of any parking fees, and my apologies if this was not the case during your visit. I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustrations these things caused you during your time here with us. Please know we will share your feedback with our team and discuss areas where we can make improvements. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to better serve you the next time your travels bring you to the area.