“Great seafood and service”

Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 390 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: From the moment you walk into Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill you feel you are truly someplace special - a place where the locals love to spend time with loved ones, friends and business clients. We are a fresh prep kitchen – we source high quality meats, produce and seafood, so we can create great times you can taste right here in the heart of Coral Gables. Unwind with us Monday through Saturday for Happy Hour. On Friday and Saturday you can enjoy our famous Extended Happy Hour till midnight! Tarpon invites you to an amazing brunch on both Saturday and Sunday with great food and unheard of champagne and cocktail specials. Saturday nights are the quintessential date night with candles, live music, and South Florida’s best all-you-can-eat fried chicken dinner. At Tarpon Bend we make it great every day for you and your guests... Come see us soon! - WAYNE ELDRED, OWNER
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Went with coworker looking for good seafood in the gables. We started with drinks and fresh oysters. For main course I had the branzino and he had the salmon. All the food was fresh and our waitress Stephanie was great. A definite must when in Gables

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Really good food, some nice options for beers and drinks. Service was also really good. Very nice place to hangout and enjoy.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 4:30PM Friday past, 7/6/18, lucky enough to find a seat at the bar and one next to me for a friend.
A few bartenders and bar maids were behind the counter and the crowd was rather light after Brasil had just lost their latest match on the way to the FIFA World Cup. I assumed a lot of the crowd that was present for the match had cleared out and therefore the light crowd, pre-happy hour.
As I got comfortable I made eye contact with one of the bartenders and greeted him with a casual "how you doin"?....I might as well been asking myself, either the guy was in his own little world, did not understand me, or was just plain unfriendly I decided to try my luck at getting someone's attention elsewhere!.....my second attempt went fruitless as well, I thought, did i suddenly inherit a superpower of transparency!?....My third attempt was with a thick spectacled barmaid and yes, alas, third time was the charm!...I was able to place my mittens on a happy hour menu!.....it was still not 5 O'Clock somewhere!!....I knew exactly what I wanted, but now, the barmaid had vanished...as I planned my next move, contact professional help i.e., missing persons bureau, I finally spotted her way down at the other end of the bar. Geez, so much for working parts of the bar. After waving my arms like a flag man at rush hour I was finally able to get my order in!
The point of this review is to bring attention with the lack of service and hospitality I've encountered in and around bars in Miami!!
Management is missing the boat in many food and adult beverage establishments!
Rather than writing about how good the service was, how tasty the food was, or how vibrant the atmosphere was, I'm here recalling the lousy experience I had because of a few folks working the bar. Perhaps management should do a better job assessing their personnel and recommend these subjects be better suited to be working for the department of corrections or a rock quarry, perhaps a place where they don't have to deal with the public.
Just sayin'!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Visiting from California and our Miami family loves this restaurant. Our visit tonight did not disappoint, Great appetizers, food, desserts, service and atmosphere❗️Definitely a must dine place when in Miami. Enjoy ❗️

1  Thank idelolmo17
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We have found that this spot has the best experience in town. Decor, service, and menu are all top of the top!

Their big screens are mesmerizing. Captivating. The chemistry you’ll enjoy is a combination of a buzz from the nice crowd, and the atmosphere that they have created. Upscale, fresh, open, and airy.

As for their staff, everyone we encountered was friendly, helpful, and sincere. A terrific sense of hospitality. They all seem to have service in their veins!

Then there’s the menu. Their salmon is terrific. Ditto for the mashed potatoes. We tried their shrimp and guacamole appetizer. Outstanding! They serve a wonderful IPA on draft (Lauganitas).

Can’t wait to go back ...

Date of visit: June 2018