“But for Hurricane Irma”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Cutler
Description: Remember when Matt Dillon was eavesdropping on Cameron Diaz in the movie "There's Something About Mary"? They were at Red Fish Grill. And what a location! Whether dining outside under the Palms at the edge of Biscayne Bay or in the historic coral stone dining room, this restaurant is like nowhere else. It's a slice of Florida that disappeared long ago in most parts of Miami. But it's a lot more than atmosphere that brings in the locals and notables. The menu is dedicated to fresh local seafood, cooked with a gourmet twist, sometimes Caribbean... sometimes Asian. Best bets: Fennel Seared Yellowfin Tuna on Crispy Wonton, Crab Cakes with Tropical Melon Slaw, Red Snapper with Shaved Red Onion Fennel Salad, Herb Crusted Sea Bass with White Bean Ragout, homemade Key Lime Pie and Caramel Flan with Toasted Coconut. And a wine list that's reasonable and varied. Please visit our website for further details.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This place was amazing. In my opinion one of the best restaurants Miami had. Epic location with indoor and outdoor dining among swaying palm trees. The good and wine selection, outstanding. Hopefully they will rebuild soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

It was a meal borderline between very good and so so. The sea bass I had was excellent. The calamari was very good and the soup as well. My son had the hamburger off the kids meal and it was so charred he refused to eat it. Normally not a fussy eater. The desert was ok. I guess I missed coconut on the carmel flan. Overall between a 3 and a 4 rating

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We came here for the first time.Weve lived here for over 30 years heard of it but never tried it.We decided to try the Miami Spice menu,it was excellent the soup ,the red snapper,the key lime pie stupendous and portions were dinner size not smaller because it's cheaper.My husband had the fried calamari, HAnger steak and the flan unbelievable.Whoever makes the flan in this American establishments has to have Latin roots.EXCELLENT Planning to come back!!!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant in hopes of great expectations based on what people have told us. Boy we were in for a surprise. We sat down, took over ten minutes before a waiter finally came by and asked "have you been helped" THEN it took forever and a day for the food to come out. When it did it was alright not amazing like we hoped. I even had to ask a random waitress for our check. We both felt the bus boy was way more pleasant and helpful then the actual waiter. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

2  Thank 191scottd
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We finally made it here for dinner after several attempts to get in - popular place! My husband and I each had a different fish main and different glasses of wine. All of the food was fresh and beautifully presented. Our waiter was attentive without hovering. Would absolutely go again!

Date of visit: June 2017