All reviews front desk miracle mile wi fi location is great kitchenette miami
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I have been at this hotel under corporate contract for the better part of 11 months From November 2017 through now, leaving for a couple months in the summer) and am very disappointed.

First impression is being hit with a very strong, bad smell that is throughout the hotel. Parking lot always full of trash. Surrounding area (depending which direction you walk or drive) is either Miracle MIle (which is nice) or dirty, run down areas. There is no patio, pool, gym or other common area except for 2 chairs in the lobby and 2 metal chairs in the back of the parking lot for smokers.
If you have a room facing the street, it is very loud through the night; overlooking the parking lot is much quieter. Also, the hotel wifi is very slow and you cannot video chat or stream unless you pay for the upgraded wifi; if you stay in the back side of the hotel, you can pick up the wifi for free from the neighboring apartment building.
The service and standard in the entire area (hotel, Walgreens, grocery stores, shopping) is lower than many areas, but the cleanliness, work ethic and service standards in the hotel are appalling. One hotel employee, Ian, does stand out and is wonderful, and the maintenance man seems to work hard, but he cannot communicate with you unless you speak Spanish.
Housekeeping rarely comes. They start after 10:00 and have come to my room as late as 6:30 pm to tell me how late it is, then ask me if I want service. When they do clean (rare), they do not sanitize or dust most often. My room has been serviced once in 4 weeks despite my talking to the management more than once, and even having it arranged by the manager with me. Many of the housekeeping staff are unable to communicate with you in English.
If you try to change your own linen or exchange towels, they often cannot supply you with what you need, because they don't have enough of anything and you have to wait for it to be washed.
The continental breakfast bar is often opened with empty or scantily filled baskets of the muffins and granola bars. The coffee is usually good.
The elevators safety permit is hanging in one of the elevators, and expired in July 2016, over 2 years ago. There are warning and fine stickers placed in each elevator by the city, however nothing has actually been done since they were posted in January and reposted in August.
I have stayed at ESA's in other areas of the country and this just does not compare. There are other ESA's and similar hotels with kitchens nearby. I would definitely suggest staying at those instead.

Room tip: Overlooking the parking lot is far quieter than overlooking the street.
Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Lisa D
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Lisa, we are sorry your stay at our hotel was not to your expectations. Your feedback is valuable and has been discussed with our team members to review and alter our guidelines and provide a better experience for every guest entering our doors. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Everyone was so friendly. Enjoyed my stay. Employees were wonderful a 10.

Needs more options for breakfast.

The rooms should be cleaned more often. I stayed a week and my room was cleaned once.

But overall happy with my stay thanks to the people at the front desk. Everyone was wonderful and pleasant.

AM

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Maria, thanks for making Extended Stay America a part of your travel plans. We are delighted to know you had an overall comfortable stay and that you enjoyed the hospitality of our courteous staff. Your concern regarding our breakfast will be discussed with our Brand Leaders when updating our selections moving forward. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

This hotel is just cleaned once a week and far from even acceptable. In my room there were no roaches but in one of my friends room there actually were. There's hardly ever anyone at the front desk and practically anyone can enter the premises and go knock the door of any room. At one point we were going back to this hotel and there were police cars and a CSI unit, so was there a murder there? Blankets and bedspreads were stained and I don't think AC equipment is cleaned often. Don't stay here! It isn't even cheap.

Room tip: Go to other hotel.
Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank Alicia A
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Alicia, we are very sorry for the difficulties you experienced. Being an extended stay and to maintain the privacy of our guests, we do the cleaning once in a week, however, this service is always available on request with a minimal fee. We take the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously and work closely with the local police to ensure a safe and secure environment. Your feedback about the condition of your room has been discussed with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team to take the corrective steps immediately.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Amazing location and reasonable price. Comfortable rooms, and very convenient with the kitchenette. Excellent for business, doctors appointments and shopping around.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Isabel, many thanks for sharing your nice feedback. We are glad to know our location was convenient for your needs and that you were satisfied with our top-notch service and facilities. It was a pleasure serving you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Great staff, it makes different. Rooms are good, for short staying its just great. Kithcen in the rooms makes life easier if you are keen of cook healty food for yourself. Staff very helpful and kind. Will stay again.

before I forget wi-fi is not good

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Tekin, many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Extended Stay America. We are glad you liked many aspects of our hotel and that you especially appreciated our excellent staff members. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.