“Excellent food and experience, expensive but you get what you pay for plus”

Biltmore Sunday Champagne Brunch
Ranked #3 of 390 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2018

Great service, atmosphere and excellent food - great selections
Great location in Coral Gables and the grounds are beautiful. there is also an excellent italian restaurant that is well worth going to. the French restaurant is an excellent special occasion find

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 10 December 2018

Having decided that Miami was the best place to celebrate my eldest sister's milestone birthday, I along with my best friend and 2 sisters excitedly traveled from various parts of the country to enjoy a Miami Heat's game, salsa dancing and to have Sunday Brunch at the renown Biltmore hotel. We had been having a wonderful time and receiving good service at most the venues we went to. However, the Champagne Brunch at the Biltmore was a BIG LET DOWN! The staff who handled check-in was not friendly nor warm, more perfunctory and business-like. Next we were seated at a table in the back by the service area; a waitress (wearing white) came over fairly quickly and asked if we wanted something to drink and then she was off. As we had never been here before we were surprised she didn't tell us the procedure for brunch and waited for her return, but after about 10 minutes of just sitting there, I decided to ask another waitress who was in the process of clearing off the table next to us about brunch. While not our waitress, I believe she was a "floater", she was quite helpful and took the time to explain where the different food stations were and how we should proceed.

I would also like to add that during the course of our meal we noticed staff going to several tables to sing Happy Birthday. I thought it would be a fabulous idea to have them sing to my sister. I first discretely asked another wait staff (wearing black) who said she was assisting the waitress with our table, if my sister's birthday could be acknowledged, she said yes, asked for my sister's name and stated it would happen once all four of us were back at our table. Well another 30 minutes or so passed with no acknowledgement. So I again discretely sought out the "floating" waitress and informed her of my request. She must have spoken to our waitress because she reappeared at our table and stated loud enough for the entire table to hear, including my sister who I'd wanted to surprise, that they were going to do the birthday celebration once we were eating dessert.

I must say that when Happy Birthday was sung to the tables around us several staff came out and the musician played happy birthday on his guitar. When my sister's birthday was finally acknowledged, the waitress had us to temporarily move to another table for better lighting, I guess for the pictures we took, but it was a little confusing and only she and one waitstaff sung, with no accompaniment by the musician. Though she seemingly tried to make it special, it seemed like it was just kind of thrown together, like an afterthought, and strikingly different from the other patrons' birthday acknowledgements. Also toward the end of our meal someone at the next table started smoking which added the final touch to a disappointing experience.

Before leaving I did speak to a manager, Nicole?, who apologized and upon learning we'd already paid our bill invited us to return later in the evening to be treated to champagne, but I declined as we were scheduled to leave Miami in the morning. I asked for a raincheck, which she stated she was unable to give. In closing, I must say that we loved the music and the food was delicious, although my friend was upset that there was no lobster which she'd seen in one of the pictures on your website. The staff was also nice BUT the service they delivered was inconsistent and at times poor, which was quite surprising given the reputation of the Biltmore.

Date of visit: December 2018
3  Thank enwe2017
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I’m fortunate to have been to many high end brunch venues living in Dubai but this hotel has such nostalgia and air of sophistication from the moment you enter. Photos of stars like Sinatra and Monroe grace the walls ,an outside tiled courtyard with elegant linen covered tables and central feature fountain with guitarists strumming some cool Spanish tunes. The ambiance is set. Food stations display an abundance of offerings and a first for me was a caviar station. The desert area is like a work of art and handmade chocolate truffles delicious. Really glad we travelled the 40 minutes from the St Regis Bal Harbour to experience such a lovely Sunday brunch.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

This was a very enjoyable brunch. The food and ambiance were great. Nice, polite staff. Nice cocktails, great seafood, delicious leg of lamb, great desserts. I would come back again!

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

As they say, “If it isn’t broken don’t fix it”. My husband once again fêted me at the Biltmore in honor of my birthday as he did last year. The service, ambience and vast array of food selections for every taste and palate from breakfast to dinner from French toast to caviar will satisfy even the most demanding gourmand. Relax in the lobby upstairs to digest your meal and enjoy the beauty of the architecture.