3 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Hotel
Priceline
US$120
SAVE US$24
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
Expedia.comUS$144
Hotels.comUS$144
FindHotelUS$130
All reviews grilled cheese rooftop bar trumpet player hand sanitizer on site restaurant staff went out of their way third floor an amazing hotel would definitely stay here again a wonderful stay clean rooms front desk staff place to stay room service self parking limey protocols
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

BEWARE! I was charged twice for my room due to hotel staff mistake, and not given the proper room level I paid for with NO compensation or response from the hotel Guest Services Manager! Would NOT RECOMMEND!
I booked a room to spend Easter with my family. I pre-paid for an upgraded "water view" room. Well, when I checked in apparently the front desk did NOT check me into my already existing reservation and instead created a new reservation and charged me for a brand new reservation. Therefore, I was charged for BOTH and only discovered after looking at my credit card statement. This was ON TOP of the fact that I paid extra to book a "Water View" room but when I addressed this I was told I was not given it because apparently "there were none available" at my check in (see pic the view I was given from my low room 327). I addressed this 2 times with the front desk to clear it up. Both people at the desk were nice when I asked. One day was told I would get 20% discount and then when I was checking out I was told I would get a $100 discount due to the fact I was not given the proper room I paid for. Well, neither happened and I was charged for my “standard” not “water view” room twice for a total of almost $750.
When I checked my credit card to see there were two charges I called the hotel days later when it went from pending to an actual charge. I was transferred to the accounting desk who was my main communication. Who “Guest Service Mangers” were on the email thread (Brian and David), neither of which addressed my issue and basically made it a “accounting issue”, so they made their issue my issue and I paid extra for that room for nothing and wasted my money. So apparently, they were fine that I was not given the room I paid for let alone the headache that a week later I still have extra charge of $400 on my credit card from then. I have traveled plenty for work and personal, and in the hospitality business I know there is always a solution to make up for these sorts of mistakes, but here you will be dismissed!
It is a shame because my family moved to Coconut Grove about 1.5 miles from this hotel and had planned on having this be my go-to place to stay but now there is NO way!

Date of stay: April 2021
Nathalia Vargas, Owner at Thesis Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good evening treely2y,

First and foremost I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of our staff. These types of discrepancies do not align with our standards, and we greatly value your feedback. Please be assured we will share and discuss these comments with our team and improve upon them. We hope you will consider visiting us again, so that we may offer you the proper THesis experience. Please feel free to email me directly at nvargas@thesishotelmiami.com.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived in Miami to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown. Not being aware of the area, we were severely disappointed in everything that we witnessed. There was vomit in the entryway, trash everywhere and overflowing in the bins, elevator got stuck, beds were smaller than a full, and the room smelled awful. We called Thesis at 3 AM and Rob answered. He let me know that they had a room available. We rushed over and he was able to get us in and at an excellent last minute price! The valet men were so professional and every time we called the front desk for something, they came through with no problems whatsoever. This place is also VERY beautiful. Highly recommend!

Hi H6620HOsarak,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our hotel and staff, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you are going to visit U Miami look no further. This is the perfect spot. Nice rooms and beautiful rooftop bar. Also the staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. David Algarin and Eleny Diego

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Leona M,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our hotel and our staff! We're delighted you had the opportunity to have the THesis experience! We have happy hour and live music daily on our rooftop! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were travelling through Miami to the Bahamas and had an overnight stay in Miami. We booked the Thesis hotel via booking.com after our arrival in Miami airport. Upon arrival at the hotel, there was a massive line waiting to check in. Apparently they were out of room availability. We waited in line for over an hour to find this out because the 4 or 5 parties in front were trying to resolve their issue and it took forever. We finally got to the front desk only to be told they couldn't honor our reservation because they had no rooms. They gave us the managers card and asked us to contact them for any questions. We ended up not finding a hotel anywhere that evening and spent the night in the Miami airport after spending $60 in cab fees to get to the hotel. Then the real salt in the wound was when the hotel sent a charge through our credit card 8 days later for the room. I called the hotel manager who agreed this was a problem and this in fact occurred and stated they would refund the charge on the card. But he had no real answer as to why a reputable company would treat a customer this way and still bill them 8 days later when the company cancelled the reservation. Bottom line - would recommend never booking here - may get there and not have a room and spent a lot of money on taxis etc

Room tip: Book if you want to arrive, find out they are full, spend the night elsewhere & get charged even though they cancelled the room reserv
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you for your recent review V8966WOdong. I sincerely apologize on our behalf. I can understand your frustration and situation. Your feedback is very much appreciated and serves as a valuable tool to improve our service. You can be assured we are addressing the situation and these observations are guiding us in providing a better service moving forward. We would like to make this right, please feel free to email me at nvargas@thesishotelmiami.com

Marketing Manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Okay bear with me because this is going to be a long review.

First off, my husband and I were planning our wedding mostly virtually as we are currently living in Cleveland, OH. Our wedding ceremony was at Vizcaya Museum + Gardens and our wedding reception was at Cocoplum Womans Club. We wanted to find a hotel close to our reception for our out of town guests, and that is was lead us to stumble upon THesis hotel. Out of every hotel that I had contacted for blocking, the contact at THesis (Elizabeth Dubon) was by far the most responsive, reliable and professional. Elizabeth had set up a hotel block for us and set my husband and I up in a suite for our wedding night.

We also worked with Shannon, another event coordinator at the THesis to plan our rehearsal dinner. We had a wonderful sit down dinner for about 45 people with open bar and 2 entree choices (we went with fish and chicken). The food was INCREDIBLE!!

Not only was the food and service impeccable - the hotel itself is just absolutely gorgeous. It has a beautiful roof top view, tons of areas inside to host a small or large dinner/event, an amazing and clean!! pool and new CLEAN rooms! All of my guests were extremely impressed.

If I would have known of THesis prior to booking my wedding/ceremony venues, I likely would have just booked everything there!! (Ceremony, reception, etc). Honestly it is such a perfect space for hosting an event and the service is superb.

For anyone booking a hotel block in the future for their wedding guests - a suite is MORE than enough space for a wedding party to get ready in the morning (hair and makeup). We ended up using the suite for 8 + girls to get ready in addition to 3 makeup/hair artists and booked another king room where the guys got ready.

Would recommend this venue x100000000

Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you, Samantha D. We're so happy to have hosted you and that you were able to enjoy the property for you and your wedding guests! We're always happy to be part of such an important day and celebration. We're looking forward to hosting you again soon.