“The BEST duck I've ever had!”
Review of Thai Fuku

Thai Fuku
Ranked #29 of 178 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I love Thai. Like LOVE it. So, when looking for a good Thai restaurant, I noticed that all of them were Thai/Sushi bars. Huh? Um, ok. Sushi is Japanese, but I guess since it's easy to make, then it doesn't matter who makes it, right? Anyway, decided to roll the dice and try Thai Fuku, based on the reviews I saw on their duck.

We went for lunch, and I got the Curry Duck, and my husband got the Hot Basil Pork. The interior was nicer than I expected, being that there's a large surf shop next door. The service was great, and we were given a bowl of miso soup with a freshly pan fried gyoza. I usually take one sip of miso and move on, as it's usually the cheap reconstituted from powder type. I actually drank most of this one, since it was authentic, made from real miso paste. The gyoza tasted fresh and homemade, as well.

When my duck came out, it was like heaven. Duck that was still crispy (but not tough/overcooked), with vegetables and a delicious, thick curry coating it. It's been a long time since I've had thick curry, as the recent Thai establishments I'd been to have had runny curry. This was the real deal. The taste of everything together was amazing!

My husband's Hot Basil Pork was equally as good. I love it when we get two dishes that taste nothing like each other, yet compliment each other, as was the case today. This place blew away our expectations! So great to have such a gem in this small town.

If you're in the neighborhood, definitely stop in here for some amazing food. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Food here is phenomenal! Traditional Thai and Japanese cuisine. Everyone enjoyed their meal, from pad Thai to sushi and lots in between. Highly recommend the crispy duck and Panang curry. The service is not good or friendly but the reason you come is for the food. That's why I would recommend ordering take out, skip the 18% gratuity charge and enjoy your meal at home instead.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I enjoyed an inexpensive but tasty happy hour/early bird dinner with reasonably priced sushi and fried rice, plus a cold Asahi and warm sake! Very friendly and attentive staff!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I went here with friends/coworkers. I was traveling with a vegetarian and this place accommodated him as well as my low gluten consumption. I had the red curry with chicken and asked for it spicy. They asked what level 1-10 and 10 was spicy but flavorful. I also got the volcano sushi roll which is something I always try wherever I go. I love it, it has crab meat on top in an awesome sauce that's amazing. Over all it was very flavorful and I enjoyed it very much and recommend it.

1  Thank beatricea146
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I’ve been wanting to write this review for a long time. My family and I went to Thai Fuku a while ago and had a terrible experience with this restaurant. The food was not good at all compared to other Thai restaurants. They also added an 18% mandatory gratuity to the bill and we only had party of four.. When I received the bill and questioned the 18% gratuity, the waitress told me that it was on the menu. It was hand written on the very bottom of the last page in the menu. If you never looked at the last page of the menu, you wouldn't notice this. I feel this restaurant intended to deceive the customers. I am a Maryland resident and the restaurants here don't usually add mandatory gratuity unless the party size is more than six. I spoke to Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services about this issue and they didn't care as long as the restaurants noted it on the menus. In addition, our waitress disappeared after serving the food and never showed up again. A different waitress finally came to give us the bill. I guess with a mandatory 18% gratuity, there’s no need to provide good service. I do not recommend this restaurant.