“Mother’s Day Disaster”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I ordered two family bundles and desserts online for a family of eight to be picked up around 6:20pm. My husband went to pick up the order and was told it would be a few minutes. Someone came to the car later and said they were backed up and it would be another 20 minutes. My husband told the young man he would be back in 20 minutes. Coming back in 20 minutes the person said it would be just a few minutes. A few
minutes turned into almost an hour. My husband then went into the restaurant and was told that they thought we canceled the order and gave it away. How can you give a two pre-paid family bundles away? The manager said that the order would have to be started again. My husband asked for a refund, but the manager walked away and helped some else. He had to go after her after no receipt was forthcoming. He told her he could not wait as we had to look for more dinner. The time was two hours later. We had to go to a fast food restaurant for take out to feed the family. Now I know it was Mother’s Day and they were busy, but the manager had no apology or any offer of compensation for our time. We loved this Carrabbas, but because of this we won’t be back for awhile. The manager that was there before, Tito would never have allowed this to happen. I used one of my dine rewards and I want it restored so I can go somewhere else.

Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hello,

We always want you to receive your order on time and we feel awful this mistake occurred. Your feedback means a lot to us and will be taken into consideration for the future.

If you’d like to get in touch directly, please fill out our Contact Us form and we will reach back out: https://www.carrabbas.com/contact-us

Amy
Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I had a late dinner here on Friday post my arrival from the Fort Lauderdale area. My boyfriend and I decided to eat at Carrabba's - our first time. The bf's mother loved Carrabba's, but they sadly closed down the one she went to in Manchester, CT.

The bread with olive oil they give you is super soft and the olive oil mixed with basil and other herbs is simply delightful. I had a soup with my entree which was very good. Mama Mandola's Sicilian Chicken Soup. It had enough of a spicy bite to it. As an entree, I had Parmesan Crusted Chicken Arugula. My meal, alongside some mashed potatoes, was very delicious. Overall, I had a great eating experience because our waitress, Samantha, was just a sweet blast! Once we told her that we were new to Carrabba's, she explained how the food is made fresh and 'to order'. Then she made a very funny comment about her false lashes, which I just found to be so comical. After being on her feet for hours and tending to many customers, her person was sweet, charming, and delightful. And in the world of retail/restaurant, I know customers can be crabby, so it was nice to see that this young woman's spirit was still very caring and enjoyable. People like Samantha are the reason why I will return to this particular Carrabba's.

Other info: You can join Dine Rewards and get points for your visit to restaurants like Carrabba's, Outback...

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Our server was fantastic but our meal took almost 45 mins to arrive after we ordered. Food was good.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant. Clean area, food is always great, and service is good. A little pricey, but quality is what you are paying for.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Went with a group of thirty. Never the best way to eat out I know. But we were placed at a long table elbow to elbow on high chairs (really not comfortable).
After ordering our meals it took 40 minutes to get our salads. When the food arrived one gentleman never got his entree until he kept complaining. My wife and I ordered lasagna. It was not very good. Then came the chaos of the bill. My wife had ordered a wine at $6.50 a glass and had ordered two glasses. When we got the bill we were charged $10 for the first glass and $12 for the second. Total chaos. I will never set foot in that restaurant again.