“Good food”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #15 of 219 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 2, 2018

There were six in our party. Two had salad with pieces of chicken on top. The salad was enough for two people: plenty to eat with some left over to take home. Another had cat fish and indicated it was good. The cat fish was breaded and appeared to be two long slices. Another had a steak, medium, and indicated it was a lilttle toughter than usual. I had something called: Road Kill which was chopped steak with mushrooms and onions. It came with cheese but I opted to omit the cheese. Baked sweet potato was one of my sides and it was yummy good--one of the best I have ever eaten. The hot rolls were served with cinnamon butter. We had a blooming onion to share that was very large.
The restuarant was very crowded for 4:30 p.m. on a Saturday. They advertise early bird specials but we were after this time frame. It was difficult to carry on a conversation but if you just came to eat, all would be well.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

As a visitor to the USA for many many years and also a former resident of Clermont for 6 years I was appalled by the attitude of Manager of this establishment.
My wife and I had arranged to meet some old friends one of which we had not seen for 5 years and had recently been a successfully in beating cancer, obviously a little emotional for all concerned.
We had arranged to meet at 6'oclock at the bar inside the restaurant and both myself and our friends arrived using an Uber taxi. we arrived and I ordered a Light beer and my wife a cocktail and after about 15 minutes our friend arrived and they also ordered similar drinks, there was a lot of hugging and a few tears as you can imagine given what our brave friend had been through. We sat at the bar and had another couple of drinks one of which was a diet coke when the lady behind the bar told us that the Manger had refused to serve us any more drinks. I was astonished and even more so completely confused. I asked to speak to the Manager ( who looked about 12 years old ) who explained that we had reached our 3 drink maximum and that we would not be served any more !! I asked that if we removed ourselves from the bar into a booth could we order food and have a drink and again we were told NO as we had reached our 3 drink maximum...
I quietly left but did tell the manager that I would review her restaurant once I returned to the UK.
I have never been treated like this in my 53 years anywhere and am still completely baffled and angry by this terrible experience...

1  Thank paul k
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

After a day of moving boxes from storage to my garage I was feeling exhausted and sore and hungry... It was early and I decided I needed a steak.. Texas Roadhouse came through with flying colors! I asked to be seated in the bar area to watch basketball and Bayhill.. Julian was my server extraordinaire! Excellent service! Great food great service and great value! I ordered my favorite, Rib Eye Pittsburgh style and broccoli with extra butter..
My compliments to the Chef! Best Rib Eye perfectly cooked.. The broccoli came out hot, tender and with a side of melted butter! Delicious! I asked who was in the kitchen so I can return when they are there... They said his name was”Wala” Noel.. he definitely takes pride in his work.. every thing was piping hot and perfectly cooked! Even the salad was delicious! Julian even asked if I wanted a water to go.. was he reading my mind...outstanding service! Thank you!
I would highly recommend...

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Service is good, but if you have a large party plan to sit in 2 or more booths. The steaks are good. I like the salads, my husband really likes the chili, I haven't tried it yet. I like the sweet potatoes, recommend you get the butter and sugar on the side also with the baked white potato so you can control how much you are getting. Prices are really good for a steak dinner. So you can't beat that. I love to go there.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We have been to the Texas Roadhouse a number of times this winter and enjoyed delicious steaks each time we went. The young servers are anxious to please and we have received wonderful service on every visit. Definitely a place we will return to many times.