“Still a favourite”

Ranked #93 of 763 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A modern take on classic American comfort fare, Grillsmith dishes out comfort food and drinks with a fiery passion for flavors crafted by fire.
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We like Grill Smith so try to get a visit or two in when on vacation. This time we visited on a Monday night and tried their Monday @ the Smith menu. Three courses starting from $16. The portions are supposedly smaller than a regular plate. Perfect size for me. I had a cup of the soup of the day and for my main I opted for the Cajun shrimp and Chicken Pasta. I was stuffed. I didn't have room for dessert so had mine to go - half slice of key lime pie served with whipped cream and kiwi-lime sauce. It was very nice. Thankfully my husband also had his dessert to go so I got to try the other option Chocolate Decadence - Half slice of scratch, flourless mocha chocolate cake with fresh chocolate mousse and raspberry coulis. Delish.

Chef J, Guest Relations Manager at GrillSmith Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

We are so happy you had an overall great experience. We appreciate you continuously choosing us. Mondays at The Smith Is such a great deal one can't pass up! The Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta is definitely one of my favorites along with the Key Lime Pie, GREAT CHOICE! We look forward to offering you the same great service and delicious food during your next visit with us :)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Visited as part of a 20 person party. Our server was terrific. Food all came out together; prompt drink service; very pleasant. Hostesses and staff were very accommodating.
Everyone enjoyed the range of foods - burgers, BLT, pizzas, chicken wings, steaks, salads.
Best buffalo sauce I've had in years.
However, the "Flatbreads" are actually pizzas not true flatbreads. I ate most of a Margherita one and found the dough unpleasant which ruined the taste of the cheeses and toppings.
Other than that, very pleasant visit.

Chef J, Guest Relations Manager at GrillSmith Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

We thank you for your feedback and are so thrilled you and your party had such a good time! We hope you will choose us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The meals are excellent, as are the cocktails! My Fav is the Salmon! Absolutely the best.. dont miss it!

Chef J, Guest Relations Manager at GrillSmith Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

We appreciate you offering your positive feedback! We are so happy you enjoy the salmon along with our yummy cocktails!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in several months ago just for a quick lunch, James the waiter recommend we try the pumpkin bisque soup. He gave us each a small taste. I was hooked and have been coming back almost every week since. Lots of food selections steaks are good meatloaf very good along with shrimp app, and salmon dinners last night had two new appetizers meatballs and the portabella mushroom french fries. the manager bob delivered both to us explained it was there first night on menu and asked our opinion of both. Manager was excellent listened well and was talking to several tables about their meal and experience at the restaurant, it was obvious he really cared about customers feeling and wanted to make sure customers were satisfied with restaurant. Great place will be back next week.

Chef J, President at GrillSmith Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for your continued support, Pete- we really appreciate it. The new menu has a ton of great new items, personally I love the avocado toast! Along with a new menu, we are also now offering a 3 course Prix Fixe menu starting at 4pm on Monday!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I schedule lunch meetings often at Grillsmith because the food is always good and there’s something for everyone. This pasted weekend my girls and attended a wedding shower in there private room. It was adorable and even with a set menu there was still a diverse selection. However, the male waiter was not very friendly and I’m assuming it’s because the parking party was big enough his gratuity was already included. Had we not been invited guests at the shower I would have complained. He was rude he literally ignored us even if we tried to ask a question. Anyway, the bride to be had know idea and seemed to enjoy herself and the shower was a huge success.