“Quality dishes in a beautiful space”

Hispania Tapas Bar and Cafe
Reserve a table
Tue, 02/03
20:00
Ranked #286 of 671 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Authentic food from Spain. Tapas, empanadas, paellas, wine and beer from Spain. Music and atmosphere that make you feel like in Spain. Come to have a plate of Serrano and Manchego with a cup of wine or book your party or event at Hispania. Many vegetarian and vegan options.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found ourselves quite hungry after taking a stroll in the nearby marina of downtown Clearwater and decided to give this place a try. I was pleasantly surprised when my husband and I walked through the door. Good atmosphere, great portions and excellent wine. You can tell they use quality ingredients; we trusted the recommendations, and they did not dissappoint!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 10 January 2021

I’ve had the empanadas, paella, and the sardine plate. All were simply horrible. I’ve spent time in Barcelona and other parts of Spain and this is not authentic food. The food arrived so fast, obviously it was microwaved. It was a Saturday night, and there was only one other couple in the place. I’ve lived in Florida for 6 years, and this was the worst food I’ve ever had!!!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Long story short my dad found 2 hairs in his food, my uncle found 1 hair in his food and a friend found another. Don’t know if it was just a bad night because of the other reviews. The empanadas were good but some of the plates were not clean.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank traveltompv
Reviewed 4 August 2019

I visited Hispania today with my friend. We went early so had the place to ourselves. As we ordered we chatted with the owner who also paints some gorgeous paintings. She showed us the different works she had done and they also adorn her walls. They really are lovely.
I had the Papas Bravas which were great. Not too spicy but also not tame. I also had the meatballs which I enjoyed.
My friend had the chicken paella and it was lovely, delicately flavored and very nice.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank chrissupersavvy
Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

From the decor, amazing tapas and authentic galician beers this place is a true gem in downtown Clearwater.

Date of visit: February 2019