“Romantic South Beach Vibe”
Review of Marina Cantina

Marina Cantina
Ranked #4 of 785 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Come enjoy the freshest locally caught seafood prepared in authentic Mexican dishes! Check out our fresh grouper tacos, snappper ceviche and carne asada - local favorites!
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We had the ahi tuna appetizer. It was sweet and salty. We looked at city and the boats from the rooftop dining table. Our server was Austin. He was charming attentive and had great recommendations. The lobster enchilada was a twist on traditional lobster served over mashed cauliflower. We had a romantic wonderful dining experience. If you are smart gentleman you will bring your dates to this new fabulous spot.

1  Thank Arianneariel
BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Happy that Austin took such great care of you and that you really enjoyed your experience! The views are amazing and perfect setting for date night! Thank you for supporting local - we look forward to having you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We visited Marina Cantina on Christmas Eve. I've been serving and bartending for many years in environments from hotels to college bars to fine dining and I can say with confidence that our server, Austin, was the best I've had. He was professional, prompt, cordial, very knowledgeable and from one salesperson to another, simply brilliant at his job. He's an asset to any restaurant or sales establishment. We had what I would call a "high demand patron" with many food related health issues and he responded with a great attitude and desire to work with us on the menu to cater to her needs. Five stars to the restaurant and five stars to Austin. We'll be recommending him specifically to all our friends and family that visit Marina Cantina in the future.

1  Thank Samantha M

Happy that Austin took such great care of you! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you and your family and friends back soon! Thank you for supporting local!

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Great food. Great service. Loved the outside seating. (Only problem is parking but giving restaurant 5 stars.)

1  Thank jen t

Thank you for the "Fabulous" review! Happy that you enjoyed your meal and look forward to having you back! Thank you for supporting local!

Reviewed 28 December 2016

This restaurant could be great. It has a terrific location overlooking the marina so all it needs is good food and service. The house margarita is made with agave syrup rather than orange liquor for sweetness. There was almost no salt on the rim of my glass. The menu is not typical, which is fine. They have tacos and quesadillas, but no burritos or enchiladas etc. I looked forward to more upscale Mexican after looking at the menu online. But - my husband and I both ordered the Carne Asada which was served with 3 small flour tortillas. They appeared to be homemade which I applaud, but they were pasty and barely warm. The meat and onion/pepper mixture was good. The Queso Fundido was very thin and almost tasteless. It should be thickly cheesy with at least enough chorizo to taste. The tacos came with soft corn tortillas. I prefer crisp...or at least a choice. The service was mediocre and not particularly friendly. I don't mind slow service, but disinterested is different. The ambiance indoors is sort of reminiscent of a cafeteria and outside, although charming, has very loud music. We will not be going back.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your honest opinions. Our owner Frank Chivas would like the opportunity to speak with you direct regarding your unpleasant experience. He has asked that you connect with him via cell or email (whichever you prefer) - he can be reached at 727-480-6704 or frank@tbi.net - Thank you in advance!

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We stumbled on this place on the last day of our holiday last week and wish we'd found this area sooner.

This restaurant is based right on the marina. It was dark when we arrived so we couldn't see a great deal. I believe this restaurant to have a top deck seating area which I think would be great in the summer when the nights are lighter.

Service was fine - not too in your face. I had the chicken and waffles which was exactly that. The chicken tasted like KFC, but that was good because I like their chicken! Prices were very reasonable too for the portion size.

If I ever visited Clearwater again I'd be quite happy to return here.

Thank you Kate for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your business - sounds like you might have enjoyed a meal at our sister restaurant Salt Cracker Fish Camp. The Chicken and Waffles are a favorite! Thanks again and we look forward to having you try Marina Cantina soon!