“Excellent Spanish cuisine!”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Celebration
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Front St. & Sycamore St.
Description: Family-owned and operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our cafe or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I met some friends here for dinner recently. I've been to the Columbia Restaurants in Ybor City and Sarasota, and this one did not disappoint. The service was very attentive and our waiter quickly got us whatever we needed. I love paella, but am not a fan of mussels or clams, so they made a Paella Valenciana especially for me with only chicken, shrimp and scallops which was absolutely delicious. For dessert, I highly recommend the flan. The kitchen is very accommodating if you have a special request or wish to have a dish modified to your liking. A wonderful dinner with great company!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I've been wanting to dine at the Columbia for years now. Not sure what I've been waiting for. It was fantastic.

A large group of us dined here and it was my birthday, as well as someone else's. I wasn't looking for a handout, but my mom made it a point to let out server, Danny, know. Danny was busy, but he didn't skip a beat.

We stated with the 1905 Salad and split it. Delicious. We also decided last minute to split two entrees instead of one. Paella Valenciana and the Roast Pork Cubano. Both were incredible. Even my baby was loving it. I do wish the chicken wasn't so over cooked in the paella, but everything else was grand. Everything can't be perfect, right? Then came dessert. Danny was bringing flan out, but reminded us how good the White Chocolate Bread Pudding was. He had mentioned it a couple of times already and me being a server, I take note when another server mentions something more than once. I'll take a bread pudding too.

Let me tell you something. The flan? Awesome. I ate the whole damn thing to myself and I'm not even a huge fan of flan. I wouldn't usually pick it over something else. This flan was crazy good. But not as good as the bread pudding. Holy smokes. That bread pudding is dangerous. I'm still thinking about it hours after I ate a few bites of it. Looking forward to destroying the leftovers in a bit.

Hands down. Awesome time. Great service. Killer food. What more can you ask for?!?! Did I mention they dress your salads and mix your sangria tableside?! What does this place NOT do?!?! Bravo guys. Bravo. Danny, thanks for the recommendations and the kind and timely service. We'll be back.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Honestly the food isn't authentic at all. I know I'm Cuban.. also a chef by trade.
The service was excellent and we happened to run into a Tito Nieves the singer. But the food lacked flavor their red tomato sauce taste straight out of a can. The "good rice" was ok. The empanadas for the app was the best thing there.
I would never go again.

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for dining with us. Our Columbia restaurant here in Celebration is a sister restaurant to the Columbia in Tampa’s historic Ybor City. We are celebrating our 112th anniversary of serving guests. Our menu items are a blend of both of our family heritages, Spanish and Cuban -- showcasing many traditional foods as well as many items that are creations by each of the five generations who have owned and operated the Columbia since 1905.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Everything was fantastic - food, service, cocktails, wine - and the menu is filled with interesting facts about the dishes and their origins. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Strongly suggest a pitcher of sangria. It’s made table side. I also suggest their iceberg lettuce salad. It too is made table side. I have never had a bad meal here. From the service to the food absolutely perfect.