“Not a stellar experience”
Review of Ford's Garage

Ford's Garage
Get food delivered
Ranked #28 of 406 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ford's Garage Cape Coral is your top pit stop for the most delicious prime burgers, comfort food and delectable deserts. Conveniently located just west of Del Prado Blvd S before you hit the Cape Coral Bridge.
Reviewed 11 April 2021

We’ve been to this location a few times previously. I’ve had no complaints before. Decent service, decent food. As we sat down, my wife commented that the last time she was there with her friends she didn’t like the service and the food was cold. Well, this was worse. We came in just before 10pm and the place closes at 11pm so I knew we’d be out before that. Wasn’t busy.
From the moment the hostess sat us at our table to when we left, it was as the staff had 0 f&@$# to give. Even the way the drinks and food were practically dropped on the table, it was apparent everyone wanted to be out of there rather than give decent service. I can’t quite remember ever having that happen anywhere else before.
Add to that the Mimosa my wife ordered just tasted off. Possibly the orange juice had gone bad. How do you mess up a Mimosa?
The French Onion soup tasted ok, but wasn’t hot. Our burgers were devoid of taste. It was downright odd how little flavor they had. The brisket in one was good, the bacon tasty, but take a piece of the burger itself, nothing. I’m mystified how a Black Angus patty could be missing the delicious flavor of beefy goodness. A point given for the fries. They were spot on.
All in all disappointing. We won’t be back. Too many other good restaurants in the area to want to deal with this.

Date of visit: April 2021
Ford's Garage, Owner at Ford's Garage, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thanks for making us aware of your experience. We would love to contact you directly to make this right. Please copy and paste your message and send it in at www.fordsgarageusa.com/contact-us and we will have a manager reach out to you as soon as possible!

Write a reviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

I’m completely disappointed with the Cape Coral Ford’s Garage! I have gone there many times over the past few years and have always been pleased with their restaurant. Last night was the exception! We had family in town for a visit and knowing how popular the restaurant is to the tourists, decided to go early. We arrived at 5:00 and thought great! the parking lot was relatively empty and when I went to the counter there were at least a half dozen empty booths and tables. They said there would be a short wait, so we decided to sit and wait. When they hadn’t called our name 45 minutes later I went to the counter to find out why? Two of the large booths that were open inside and several tables that were open outside when we arrived were still open and it appeared that several people had arrived after us and been seated before us. Having a one year old that was getting cranky I was getting more impatient with the wait. The hostess told me that “we would be the next table seated”. Well as I waited another 15 minutes I see a table with the same amount of people (6) being seated. I again go to the hostess and ask why and she had the same canned answer, she lied again saying that “we would be the next table seated”. At that time I told her never mind we were leaving. As we were leaving another couple with 4 kids (6 total) that had been waiting as long as we were, told us the hostess lied to them as well and told them the same exact thing that “they would be the next table seated”. We loaded into the car and ended up getting a great meal a half a block away at a diner where we were seated immediately and the kids meals were brought right out. I’m hoping this was an anomaly and that perhaps they were short staffed and couldn’t handle the customers, but why leave several booths and tables empty while people are waiting an hour? At least tell us the wait would be over an hour rather that just saying it would be a “short wait” so we can make an informed decision to not wait with a one year old. That’s an hour we will never get back. I will not be back anytime soon after this bad experience.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank 54fredt

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Went to eat tonight and got right in but our food took over an hour. Food was not the way we asked for it. Not worth the wait. Maybe we just picked a bad night but will not go back.

1  Thank 171janella
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

We visited last night. I think it will be a while before we go back. Long wait to get a table. When we finally sat down - it took over an hour to get food - nothing special - chicken and couple of burgers. Burgers had to go back - one was practically not cooked- you could still see blood running out. So more waiting. Our visit was close to 2 hours - waitress apologized and waltzed in a check. Yes i left the tip - in my opinion generous one considering what happened - so its not about getting a freebie - its about service and management realizing that there is a problem and addressing it.

1  Thank JackDelores
Ford's Garage, Owner at Ford's Garage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

Went here with my uncle to catch up on a visit down to see him. We sat at a corner booth in the corner of the bar. We ordered the fried pickles as an appetizer, based on the bartender/server's recommendations. I like them with the ranch but not the girl ranch/pickle sauce they're served with. I got the "A burger" I believe, but not with BBQ sauce. And he had a jiffy burger (served with peanut butter). I enjoyed my burger and he liked his too. The potato Wedges were even better than the burger in my opinion. Crispy outside and fluffy inside to the Wedges. We each had a chocolate shake. They're not huge portioned shakes but were tasty. The server was patent, knowing we were catching up, and friendly. A couple of times they took kids behind the bar and let them pull on a chain that set off the model car hanging from the ceiling and it made the car smoke and beep and make engine sounds. That's fun for kids. This was on a Friday afternoon/early evening and the place was packed and getting lively for the weekend. Fun times.