“Always great food here but service was a bit slow”

Zizzi - Leeds Birstall
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Birstall
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

First time coming to this Zizzi but been to many others.
Was looking forward to the cheese fondue starter as we always get this. Was delicious but you now get bread rolls instead of a variety of different bread sticks.
I had the butternut squash salad for main which was delicious! Order with a chicken skewer. Loved the mix of butternut, goats cheese, lentils and salad leaves. Served with a side of bread which I dipped in balsamic. My OH got a pizza with the new smoky chilli base which was lovely.
The food was great but service was a little slow even though it wasn't too busy.

1  Thank Abigail L

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Great company on a wet and rainy day what else is there to do but take the missus for a great pizza and then take her to a cheeky movie. Love her and the beer they serve at Zizzis.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Relaxed Friday lunch pizza at Zizzis . Perfect pizza and cheeky glass of red wine. Might snooze at the afternoon cinema. #makingthemostofarainyday

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I had pepperoni Pizza and my partner had chicken and meatball Calzone. Both really nice and the garlic bread is good too. Drinks were nice apart from the cocktail was half full but all round a good visit

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Visited today with family. Was 10 of us including 3 children.

I don't use Tesco vouchers and not sure how they work but my understanding is joy have to do a lot of shopping to get them!

With this in mind my grandparents who are pushing 90 both had over cooked (or in grandma's case just plain burnt) pasta and my risotto was very salty and a measly portion.

We had two courses each and drinks and coffees.

We were in there almost three hours. While it was nice to be rushed and able to enjoy a chat, it was a good job none of us had anywhere we needed to be afterwards.

Service was friendly but slow and it was annoying that they had the nerve to serve up the manky pasta to my grand-folks. I think they thought because they were old they wouldn't complain.

Wouldn't return but then to be fair it wouldn't have been my first choice anyway. I'm sure there's better chain Italians out there. Although it was better than the last time I was subjected to a Frankie & Bennies!