“First time for our kiddo and he loved it! ”

Fujiyama Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 141 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We took our 5 year old there for his first ever hibachi experience and celebrated my mother’s birthday at the same time. Oh my! He absolutely loved it and the chef was amazing with him. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the steak was delicious. I do wish that the servers would have been a little more attentive when we were eating but that’s my only complaint.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

From the manager to the hostess to the servers and chefs this is a great place to eat whether you order off the menu or have the hibachi and their drinks are amazing...have never had a bad experience here and I am very picky when at a restaurant

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Typical hibachi style Japanese restaurant. The food was good and the service was slow. We ate at a booth to avoid the wait. Good place if your craving but not in a hurry.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We have been passing this restaurant since it opened, saying that we have to try it out. Well, we finally got there. We could not decide where to go to celebrate a birthday and an acquaintance recommended Fujiyama. We are glad we went along with the suggestion.
We decided to order off the menu, rather than sit around the grill table.
For our libation, we ordered the flaming volcano for two, as suggested by our server. It was a kitschy tropical rum drink served in flaming bowl. It was very tasty and we enjoyed it.
We ordered edamame and fried oysters to start. Both were good. The oysters were fried with a Panko breading and were served hot. We enjoyed both appetizers.
We ordered the Emperors dinner for 2 for $48.00. It came with Miso soup which was tasty but not temperature hot. The salad was small and simple with a tasty ginger dressing.
The entree had bite size pieces of lobster and steak and chicken and shrimp and lobster with some vegetables. It was served with a small bowl of brown rice It was all tasty. I enjoyed the yum yum sauce which was served on the side as well.
The one thing that I would change is the harsh lighting in the side room, where we were seated. It destroyed any atmosphere. The service was good and we would go back again.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I had the hibachi salmon with vegetables and rice. The purpose of ordering salmon was for health reasons.
So the chef had the salmon all prepared and then he added a lot of butter and sauce to the salmon and served it to me.
It made me nervous. He was being a character in my opinion due to my age and I don't think I am going to go back there!

1  Thank healthconscious1