“My review won’t change anything”
Review of Gulf Drive Cafe

Gulf Drive Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Gulf Drive Cafe. It was extremely popular because it is on the beach and has a tiki vibe. People will still flock there whether I write or not. We watched everyone, including ourselves confused about entrance. You are directed through a maze to find a hostess. We should have just sat at the bar.
Waitress was sweet and busy but FOOD...... so incredibly mediocre. My grouper sandwich was pre cooked, old and cold. It appeared to be cooked earlier in the day and refrigerated.!Really a bummer since we are in grouper land. Paid $1.50 extra for frenchfries? Really? Coleslaw old and discolored.
View great though . Go for a beer. Skip the food...And I’m not picky.

1  Thank AuntieMartha
Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Lovely setting, can't beat the location. Food was just average and pricing on food and drinks seemed a little high for the quality. Unfriendly waitress, like she didn't want to be there. Bartenders were very nice.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Very poorly managed and zero hospitality. If it weren’t for the view this place would go out of business immediately.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of 5 went here for lunch. We were seated right away. Took a little while for the waitress to show up. We ordered drinks. 2 Shirley temples, one sprite and 2 waters. Waitress returned and asked to take our order. We wanted to order nachos. She explained that they didn’t have any chips. So we cldnt order. Our daughters wanted an order of hot wings. She explained they didn’t have them either. She said let me just check with the kitchen and I’ll be right back. She returned 10-15 mins later and said no they don’t have the items you want. She said I’ll give you some more time to relook over the menu. We decided that we wld pay for our drinks and try another restaurant. The waitress was very pleasant. Nothing bad to say about the waitress. We waited for her to come back and she still had not returned so we decided to pay at the register. We asked to pay and the hotess said you will need to speak to the manager. We said ok. The manager asked what we needed. We explained that we wld like to pay for our drinks. She said where’s your ticket? I said our waitress didn’t return to our table so we don’t have a ticket. She asked what drinks we had. I said very nicely i was surprised that she was making us pay for our drinks since there was nothing on the menu that we requested. She said, well, what did you want? I told her. Then she said that was an unfair statement, me saying about paying for our drinks. I don’t think that was unfair statement. We had no problem paying for our drinks. Just thought it wldve been a courtesy to have us not pay, because of our inconvenience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We consistently visit this place every time in town, usually more than once - for breakfast (literally on the beach). Service is inconsistent at best (took almost 30 minutes after eating to checkout), and food wasn’t exactly to order but nevertheless it will remain a staple for us. Great food with amazing views.