“Really yummy food at a reasonable price”
Review of Smoqehouse

Smoqehouse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very dark, modern looking place. Not exactly 'island like' but you can get take out and bring it to the beach. The food is outstanding

andykubes, Owner at Smoqehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks Suzann! I’m glad you like our food!
When my wife and I were thinking about how to do Smoqehouse on AMI, we were going back and forth with what we should do.. do we paint it white and make it light and beachy like everywhere else on the island, or do we make it dark and cozy and different?! Well, we obviously decided on being different, and the response has been amazing! You have our thoughts exactly on bringing carry-out to the beach, we do it all the time!
Thanks so much for taking the time to review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is AMAZING. The specials change daily, which I think get away from the redundancy of typical restaurant trends. Phenomenal sauces and even nicer staff. My whole family loves this place. Great island vibe with great service.

andykubes, Owner at Smoqehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Awesome review! Thank you David! You totally understand what we’re doing! See you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Small restaurant with uncomfortable wood seats, poor ac, and limited menu. Basic sauces and ala carte menu making a meal no deal....sorry does not deserve another chance

1  Thank richard s
andykubes, Owner at Smoqehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey Richard! You wrote this exact review last August! (Just in case you didn’t remember)

Yes, we do have 1 wood bench in the restaurant (I built it, I should know) but we do have tons of other seats to choose from! (The rest are all metal, so pick your poison)
We keep our front door open to be inviting to our guests, and we keep our AC at a very comfortable 78 degrees.. even though it means a higher energy bill due to the open doors, and internal and external walls being painted black (I know, I know, it’s florida, and it’s hot, but it looks so cool!)
Our limited menu of a wonderful variety of other cultural fare consists of 7 regular menu choices, 1-2 sandwiches of the day, a special salad, and a daily soup or side! 99% of our guests still can’t choose what to do, choose the creative special, or their favorite from the menu!

All of our basic sauces are our homemade recipes, and sure, if perfecting my bbq sauce (which harmoniously blends 5 styles of BBQ) over 3 years is basic, then so be it! My wife created the sauce for our fries, so you can talk to her about that one.
Our ala carte menu gives you the freedom to pick and choose what you like, instead of being forced to have a side come with your sandwich as most restaurants tend to do (choice of fries, chips, slaw, fruit, etc.. get it?) If you aren’t that hungry, getting out for $7 or $8 is a pretty great value for fresh, never frozen food. (we don’t even have a freezer!) IF you are starving and you need our biggest sandwich with our biggest fry and a soda, you’re still getting out for 15 bucks, and if that’s too much food (it is for me at least) you could share the fries with whomever is lucky enough to eat in your presence and it would drop your cost to 12.50.. unless you split a sandwich and fry which would get you in and out and comfortably fed for $8.50.
I’m sure it was a pleasure serving you, and it definitely was a pleasure responding to your review! Currently we’re at 62 5-Star, 6 4-Star, 6 3-Star, and 3 2-Star reviews, 2 out of 3 2-star reviews are yours, just an FYI!
Thanks Richard!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Not quite what I expected when I first arrived. However, what a little gem of a place. The service staff were wonderful and the prices were much cheaper than anywhere else. That said, the food was absolutely delicious, I don't know what they put in the sauce, but it was absolutely amazing!!! This was the only time we had clean plates all around (when you're eating with a 13, 6, 3 yr old, that isn't easy!) I was very impressed and across the road was an amazing sunset. But I shall leave the final word to my 3 yr old, who said "this is the nicest burger in the world", very high praise indeed.

andykubes, Owner at Smoqehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

This is the kind of review that makes us sit back, smile, and know we’re doing the right thing day after day.. it’s a lot of work, but people like you make it all worth while. Thanks so much Stephen!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I read the reviews, and I wanted to go there not bad,the fries were good , I thought they were too salty. It was nothing special, I probably would not go back

andykubes, Owner at Smoqehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey John! What did you order that wasn’t great, and would you let me know why?! We’re always striving to be better, so just let us know! And on that note, all you’d have to say is, “hey, my fries are kind of salty!” Say no more, we are able to have a fresh batch of fries ready for you in exactly 1 minute. Yep! 1 minute for fresh fries with lighter salt. No biggie, but we have to know about it when you’re here in order to fix it! Thanks for taking time to review!