Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilton Boca Raton Suites(Boca Raton)
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressflorida turnpikepancake machinecinnamon bunswarm poolroom was cleanthree night stayolder propertybreakfast was deliciousshopping and restaurantssmall pooleasy accessfirst flooryogurtfort lauderdaledefinitely stay here againfront desk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We reserved a room for 4, 2 adults, 2 kids(7 and 8) at this Holiday Inn Express to rest before we departed on the cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale. The place and room was clean had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable too. It was, by far, the best of all the IHG stays I have had. (3 total) The staff was kind and helpful and the breakfast buffet was delicious. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Philesa E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Pamela S,
Wow- thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay at on your way to Ft. Lauderdale and hope you and your family had a wonderful, fun-filled vacation. We look forward to seeing you all again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We needed to be in Boca for a wedding and wanted to visit people in Royal Palm Beach and sightsee in Miami. This hotel fit the bill for location. In addition, they provided free parking, wifi and breakfast. The staff was accommodating. In fact we arrived early and could get into a room and left an hour after check out time without charge. There is a small pool and some exercise equipment. Although it is in a strip mall, we found it met our needs very well at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level lead right to parking lot good if cannot do steps. Can be noisy though if people congregate in lot.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Shermanrs1,
Thank you for not only staying with us, but for also taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you found our location convenient and our staff accommodating. Please keep us in mind the next time you return to Boca!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Hotel was available during our bathroom repair. They were able to accommodate us within 2 hours. Hotel were clean, staff was attentive to our needs, and cleared billing issues immediately. Breakfast was delicious and eggs, bacon , sausage just kept being refilled. The variety was wonderful. Florida at this time of year is pricey so we were happy for the fare rate.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Philesa E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review, Mrs. DeMichael! We loved being your home away from home and look forward to seeing you and your husband again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

booked a room thru booking .com, upon arrival gave my name was told I had no reservation I gave confirmation number ,I had received an email from booking that i had confirmed an guaranteed reservation by credit card 1/24 /18 I was told they did not know that number had no rooms and there were no rooms in area no help at all we are over 70 the thought of having to spend a night in the car was terrifying we got on ship next day. igh told me on 1/27 mgr had 48 hrs to call me and work out a settlement was told by igh on the 3/2 mgr would call me immediately no call

Room Tip: my thanks to the hilton up the st who had no rooms but helped two very worried seniors even tho they had no obligation to do so
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Railey, I would first like to apologize again for providing you with a very disappointing guest experience, especially on such a special occasion. When we spoke on the phone, I was very disappointed to hear that our team member did not go out of their way to help you find other arrangements. Unfortunately, all hotels experience the unpleasant task of having to relocate guests from time to time; however, with the right training, relocating a guest can actually be a stress-free, easy transition. I will definitely continue to use your comments to coach our team on ways to provide a better experience for our guests if a similar situation ever arises. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies not meeting your expectations. We wish you and your wife the best of luck in all of your future travel endeavors.

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

I'm sorry, but I must "bust" this property by one star since I last reviewed it during '11. The reason it that the property was sold this past August with the former owners retaining an area of the structure (I think that is what the barristers call a "Tenancy in Common") that houses a diagnostic laboratory. The new owners of the hotel area contracted with a different management company with a new General Manager and immediate staff. So far as I'm concerned, they are presently "feeling their way".

While hardly saying "the place has gone to pot", it did not seem to be in the same state of repair as during my '17 stay (not reviewed here). For example, when I checked in, the electronic keymaker was "down", so I had to be escorted to my room by Staff where they unlocked it with a master key. I really felt "imprisioned", as had I left to have a wine at an adjacent restaurant, I'd have to go through the same drill all over again when returning. Once they got the keymaker working in the Morning, access remained "problematic". Throughout my entire three night stay, it was a "will it or won't it" moment entering my room. All told, I had some five replacement keys issued to me (one replacement was admittedly my fault; keys and phones do not make good bedfellows).

The General Manager, whom I addressed about the "run down" state of repair, did state the new owners commitment to the property and that a "top to bottom" renovation will start come Summer. This is a 1965 vintage property, and absent TLC, will "go to pot" on the quick surely with IHG and they parting ways, becoming an "Econochain" or worse, an independent.

I've had a stay at this property most every season since about 1990, and I'd like to continue to do so, but I only stay at major brand properties (Mom and Pops during college and pre-life days; of course). I sincerely hope that Ownership and Management will address the issues at hand.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi Gilbie_9,

Thank you for your honest review and for choosing to stay with us once more. It is our pleasure to offer the comforts of home whenever you visit us.

However, I am sorry for the issues you had with the key cards and overall hotel condition. We are in the process of developing our property and amenities for precisely the reasons you mentioned, so that our guests could get an effortless and satisfying hotel experience. Your comments will be forwarded to the upper management for review and discussions.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and your continuous support to IHG. I hope we'll see you back once upgrades are done so we can provide you a more noteworthy stay.

Best,