Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 25/04/21
Trip.com
US$106
SAVE US$19
Free cancellation until 26/04/21
Hotels.comUS$125
eDreamsUS$125
PricelineUS$125
All reviews toaster oven gumbo limbo small kitchen beach chairs and towels red reef park small hotel heated pool short walk to the beach old florida yogurt good size comfortable beds housekeeping staff boca mizner sofa closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2021

First, I want to say that I have been staying at the Ocean Lodge for about 10 years, off and on. It had been a year since I stayed here....just before Covid began in earnest. I never thought I'd be writing this type of negaive review for the Ocean Lodge! The reason I gave even 2 ratings is because of the location and Elaine, the office manager....oh, the condition of the pool which was excellent.
First, I have to say, neither the housekeeper nor the resident manager EVER wore a mask and I saw them EVERY day!
I hate to say this, but it is as though the owner is just waiting to sell the property as the condiiton of the units have steadily declined to the point where I have to say my room hadn't had a thorough cleaning in quite some time! I had to clean up around the toilet and the tissues I used were filthy! There were hairs all around the toilet. Housekeeping picked up the rubbish each day and left towels, but it was as if she was never trained to actually clean!
My daugher found 2 COCKROACHES by bed and I killed 2 COCKROACHES in the kitchen!! In this time of Covid, the total disregard for putting masks on and allowing filth to build (the corners of the floors had built up grime and grit and the toilet area had not been cleaned except for the bowl, in weeks, at least!
OK, the filthy condition of the bathroom, the kitchenette and overall room is going to curtail my staying here again.
However, there is more: 2 forks, no knives, warped cookedware, no type of mixing bowls, a toaster oven that did not work, really cheap shampoo, and a toilet seat that I had to screw down myself because it was very loose and 2 glasses that looked like someone left them....totally indadeuqte kitchen.
So, the website says there is breakfast and it was never great, but it does not exist anymore....sure, can be blamed on Covid, but no other Covid precautions are being taken at this, once my favorite, small hotel.
There is absolutely no place to hang wet clothes....no clothesline outside or in the shower.
Oh, I had to clean off the area behind the toilet seat. All of the furniture and lamps are very worn.
It is my hope that the owner will take this review in a constructive manner! I would love to have $1500 to bring each unit up to snuff and train a housekeeper who could see the filth....I am by no means a clean nut, but the Ocean Lodge has gone seveerly downhill, not only for the past several years, but even in just one year!! It is so sad!
The windows don't open in most units.
The bottom line is that guests' Covid safety and the condition of the units is just horrendous.
There is no breakfast buffet and housekeeping is extremely disappointing. Sorry...I am going to have to find a different alternative.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 4 February 2021

Ocean Lodge is cute and quaint and Elaine and housekeeping staff were helpful, but a couple drawbacks that should be corrected: internet was not always reliable -- too many guests in season to handle it? It was a bit of a problem. Also, a few simple additions to the guest room and use of common area/pool area would improve the guest experience. There was simply not enough places to HANG wetsuits/towels and allow things to dry ..... need permanent HOOKS, shelves in bathroom, closet kitchen area, etc., mat or rug in entryway to keep SAND down. No posted pool hours sounds fund since you can take a dip or enjoy the pool area or covered seating area/grill any time, but might want to post Midnight or later as quiet hours. Overall -- refreshingly simple and with benefit of private entrance (ie, not required to go through a lobby) might be an important feature for some due to COVID.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 28 September 2020

This was the filthiest place ever! Not even 'normal' cleaning, let alone covid cleaning. Very small and cramped. Bathroom plug totally broken and fallen inwards. Furniture old, worn and sticky with dirt. Good location, but that's all. Not even worth $10 per night....a tent would be better. I'm surprised at the ratings....dont trust their pictures. Not at all like that!

Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank Fizzpop700
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

This was a great hotel to stay in absolutely loved it very clean and sanitized and friendly in the ocean! I highly recommend this for anyone! I even found a starfish when I was swimming in the ocean it was amazing!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2020

The property manager was great, she has to run the property and clean rooms and that's hard work. The dishes were dirty upon arrival and the floors were sticky and dirty. Overall over a 7 day stay was good. The location is great and the pool was nice but could use a cleaning more often. Overall we would visit again.

Date of stay: August 2020