“Captain Brian Saves the Day”
Review of Keys Boat Tours

Keys Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Big Pine Key
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Recreational boating in the FL Keys. Private charter eco & snorkel tours. Motor to the backcountry, paddleboard, kayak, snorkel, fish and eco. It is an option for the whole family–everyone can equally enjoy. We keep it comfortable & avoid choppy waters. On calm days, we go out to the only living reef in the US, Looe Key, for a lifetime experience. Captain Brian is very knowledgeable about marine life, local waters and navigation. We offer hands-on boating & fishing lessons too. We also offer kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals from shore ( half day, full day, and weekend options).
Reviewed 4 April 2018

After multiple cancellations by another tour operator, we had run out of days to see the Keys by water and do some snorkeling. As a Hail Mary, I did a quick google on my phone, found Captain Brian and called him to explain our plight. He was professional, honest, and his knowledge of the water opened up a whole new realm of possibilities. As soon as we could we mobilized the group and headed to his boat. I was especially impressed that he had managed to quickly take the boat out on the water to scout out what would work best for our group. I was grateful that the other tour had been cancelled 3 days in a row or we would not have had the opportunity to meet Captain Brian and have such a fabulous experience on the water. For me what sets him apart from other boat tours I have had is his flexibility and knowledge of the area. He catered the boat trip to exactly what we wanted...a little snorkeling mixed with the beautiful aqua water, and history of the area. What made the trip especially enjoyable was Captain Brian genuinely seemed to love what he was doing and it felt like he was joining us on an exploration. Due to the personal nature of the trip, I also truly appreciated that he joined us snorkeling and would point out underwater life to us. I cannot say enough positive comments about our adventure. Captain Brian is a gem and for me was the highlight of our trip. Any boating experience is strongly impacted by the Captain. I would not consider going boating with anybody other than Captain Brian on the Keys.

Brian B, Owner at Keys Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

I too enjoyed the day with you and yours. It takes a while to get to know places where people might enjoy, and where we can all escape the wind - if necessary. Sometimes I get lucky and find a place I've never been - and strike gold. Such was the case with your trip. Time truly flies on the water and I rarely do the same trip twice. I may return to the same place on occasion but I always make sure to mix it up. It is so important for me to enjoy my time with visitors, and equally important that my passengers feel that we are extended family of sorts. It is always a goal of mine to make the effort a highlight in some way. I am so glad to hear that you had such an experience. Thanks very much for the kind review. It means a lot.

All reviews
"looe key"
in 11 reviews
"picnic island"
in 5 reviews
"snorkeling trip was great"
"white pelicans"
"natural history"
"amazing tour"
"wealth of knowledge"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Captain Brian was extremely informative, helpful, and patient as he taught us how to drive and park a boat as well as giving some insightful information regarding purchasing and owning a boat. He took us around and showed us some good areas for docking, fishing, and just about anything else you could want or need to know.

Brian B, Owner at Keys Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thanks for the positive review. It was my pleasure to show you guys some boat handling technique. You cannot beat a hands-on experience. I commend you for taking the time to learn more about boating You both did a great job driving, anchoring, and docking. I am hoping that this lesson becomes more popular. I appreciate your help in getting the word out. Again. I appreciate you time for the review.
Brian

Reviewed 31 March 2018

It was a last minute decision to ask Captain Brian if he would take two landlubbers out for a "three hour tour" of his favorite places, but he still said yes. And we were so glad he did! His careful consideration of wind and sea conditions made for a very pleasant excursion. We learned so much about the Keys, the impact of the recent hurricane on the local habitats and inhabitants, his favorite spots for paddle-boarding, snorkeling, swimming and, of course, fishing! We even found a small pod of dolphins; what a treat to see them! Brian was so personable and knowledgeable, and we had lots of laughs as well; it was a thoroughly wonderful way to spend a few hours, and we heartily recommend reaching out to Keys Boat Tours and arranging for your own special memory-making experience!

Brian B, Owner at Keys Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thanks for your nice review. I am hoping to break 200 this year so it is very appreciated. More important is that you enjoyed your time on the water, and had, as you said, a memory making experience - my ultimate goal. It has been a tough year since Irma. We hope not to go through that again any time soon. Each great review puts hard times another step away. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had Brian take us on a 3 hour sunset cruise in the bay near our accommodations. He did an excellent job explaining the fauna and the birds in the area, and was very flexible about the schedule and where we boated. He made sure we enjoyed the time we spent with him, and did not rush the experience. I would highly recommend him for someone who wanted to get a good overview of the lower keys or just wanted to get out on the water for a few hours.

I don't do a lot of sunset tours - but I hope that changes. Newfound Harbor is such a pretty body of water, and Parmer's Resort is a magical setting - the two go together beautifully. What's better than a sunset tour - especially with a bottle of wine or some beer, cheese and crackers? Nothing! I too enjoyed our time together on both sides, the Gulf and Atlantic. I am very glad that you had a positive experience. I very much appreciate your taking the time to write a nice review.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I had a great tour with Captain Brian on his boat around the Lower Keys, heading out to some of the nearby islands. For a solo visitor like myself, a trip like this is a must to get out on the water and experience what the Keys are all about. Brian is very knowledgeable about the local wildlife and the people who live on the water, and a trip with him really brings the area to life. Highly recommended!

Brian B, Owner at Keys Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thanks Andrew,
I too had a nice time on the water with you. I am glad that you chose our free guest room option with the tour so we could get to know one another a little bit more. Always great to have people from across the pond. All the best in your USA travels and those after. I appreciate the review very much.