“Really good pre-theatre dinner!”
Review of Chelsea Tavern

Chelsea Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Chelsea Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 590 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between West 8th & West 9th
Transit: Chelsea Tavern is located at the heart of North Market Street 2 blocks from the Dart Bus Hub at Rodney Square & 8 blocks from the Wilmington Train Station.
Description: on Facebook - website doesn't seem to be up yet
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We made reservations here for dinner before a show at the Grand Opera House. We were very pleased as we just booked this from a quick internet search. We were a party of 4 and we all enjoyed different entrees. The shrimp and risotto and the salmon were stand outs.
Oh, don't forget to order something with the brussel sprouts! The beer selection and cocktails were quite good as well.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Recommended by the hotel staff as it was within walking distance. We were greeted and seated quickly in the dining room. We had a mixture of plates served from soup to salad to steaks. Preparation of the meat was correct, the soup hot and there was an extra large cut of beef with the SW salad. Good place to dine out with a variety of dishes

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I stopped in to the Chelsea Tavern around 6:30 on a Sunday evening. The bar was packed, but there were only a couple of occupied tables/booths in the main dining room. I didn’t see anyone at the host station, so I approached an employee walking toward me from the dining room and she said I could take a seat at one of the tables in the dining room. As I was seated, the woman gave me a couple of menus and I quickly studied options. The bigger menu had a few pages listing food, but most of the pages listed wines and beers. The smaller menu had food listed on both sides, but I was told one side was for lunch. A waitress soon approached me and I ordered an iced tea. When she returned with the tea, I ordered the Tuscan white bean hummus appetizer and one of the night’s specials, a barramundi entrée. (Barramundi is an Australian fish that is also farmed in the United States.) The white bean hummus looked great when it came out (see picture) and included pita bread and baguette slices. It was topped with paprika and an olive tapenade. The flavor was wonderful and I had to stop myself from eating it all. Next came the main course, the pan-seared barramundi. The presentation was excellent (see picture), with pesto on the side, and it included grape tomatoes, new potato slices, small heirloom potato slices, and cauliflower. The fish was cooked medium (just like I asked) and seared on one side, keeping the fish together as I cut it. The bottom line was a dish I didn’t expect to be so good. Although Chelsea Tavern is known for a huge selection of wine and beers, it also has pizza and apparently lots of good food. If you like beer or wine with good food, I think Chelsea Tavern is a very good choice. There is construction just outside the restaurant and it appears outside seating will soon be offered.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Food: just okay. Nothing to write home about. Poached eggs were overlooked although they were apologetic and made a new one. Service: also nothing special. Our waiter seemed very new and knew very little about the menu. No plans to return.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Dinner date with the husband we love to go here from time to time or just on a last minute whim. It has nice ambiance well in my opinion. The food is always good & it smells amazing when you arrive. They have a vast amount of beers to try if that’s what you are looking for. We found that you can park around the corner at the Doubletree for $5 after 5 pm (it may be $3) if you can not find street parking, don’t forget to put enough money in the meter if you do park on the street!! We made that mistake & had to pay a $25 fine.