“Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Road 271
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. The dining room doesn't open till 11 AM, but you can still shop at the deli and bakery beginning at 10:30 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Really was dubious because the decor suggested pretty basic Italian, but both the service and food were very good, truly a nice surprise. Thin crust tasty pizza, really good eggplant parm, rigatoni so so, but nice dinner, efficient attentive service sensitive to our time constraints. Family friendly. Casual decor. A good dinner can be had at good prices, too.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We headed out Saturday afternoon
Looks king for that one place different for dinner
My family loves Italian food
Spaghetti and meatballs my daughter all time favorite

After a a brief search on the net and reading reviews from restaurants around the area
My girls and I took a brief ride and grabbed
A sample menus and made a reservation
Which we took back to our hotel to review

Boy we were not sorry
The staff
Seated us even though we arrived a little early
Our table was ready and waiting

Our server was knowledgeable and friendly
Filling us all in on the favorites

My mom chose lasagna which arrived piping hot on a heated platter
Was cheese filled and sized perfectly for her
My daughter and myself had a half portion of Caesar salad to start
My daughter ordered spaghetti and meatballs
Me I chose gnocchi which was as light as a feather and a single meatball that had my mouth watering

Wine is available as well as soft drinks
This was our first time
But I’ll tell you in all honesty
It won’t be our last

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had dinner at the bar on a busy Saturday night. I had the lasagna, very very good. My husband had the Fra Diavlo which he also really enjoyed. We ordered dessert and holy moly were we surprised. We ordered what we thought was a piece of cake but it was an actual mini cake. I can't remember for sure the name but I think it was called Cannoli Cake. Just weren't prepared for the size. Very good. Brought most of it home. Going to give it away. Can't throw it away. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Have been there several times and had everything from various pizza's to chicken parm. (huge, crusty and delicious). Their red sauce (a.k.a. gravy) is very good and reminds me of grandma's. Pasta cooked perfectly al-dente. Try Sunday pizza nights for great pizza and sooo reasonably priced. Thin crust...one of the best I've tasted in a long time, and I used to live 20 minutes from N.Y.C. If looking for wonderful Italian served by friendly and knowledgeable wait-staff in a nice atmosphere and at a price that won't bust your dining-out budget. My only question is why does Grotto pizza have a "million" locations with such mediocre food and pizza that's not even Italian and Touch of Italy only a couple? No accounting for taste. Our favorite T.O.I. location is the Coastal Hwy. in Rehoboth. Stop in once and you'll also be a regular.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We eat here several times a year and have never had a disappointing experience. Whether we order one of the overflowing sandwiches or a full meal, we are thrilled with the food. The portions are plentiful and excellent quality. Try the Fried Calamari and you wont be disappointed. Pasta dishes are good and sauced just right. Fresh meats and cheeses hang from the ceiling and fresh pastries fill a long case. Reminds me of a local Italian Store when I was growing up.