“Very good, will go again for sure”
Review of Georgia House

Georgia House
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Milford
Description: Southern style American food. We offer full service dining, take out, business delivery, up stairs private room, and off premise catering.
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This was a meeting of five friends from MD and Delaware. A new place for four of us. Service was exceptional! Young woman was very attentive and quick to answer questions and make any accommodations we needed (no onions in salad please!). Chicken pot pie was the special of the day, and special it was! Pronounced very good by the two who had ordered it. Warm ham and cheese (mozzarella and cheddar) sandwich was also a hit. Side dish choices were plentiful including the usual fries, cold slaw and salads, but also stewed tomatoes, green beans, red potatoes, pineapple casserole, brussel sprouts and more! Desserts all looked yummy, but we opted for the rice pudding and five forks! Very good. All plates licked clean (well they looked that way), and a very happy crew that will return.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 20 January 2018

The atmosphere at this restaurant is upscale diner style, not quite an intimate bistro but comfortable, with adequate non-harsh lighting and a well set small table with the touch of fresh flowers. I never thought in a million years I would rave about chicken, but here I go...the buttermilk fried chicken is AWESOME. I had the smaller less expensive portion and it was still big and juicy and tender. I do not make it better at home, and I would order it again, and rarely order chicken in a restaurant (especially fried!) The vegetables were served hot in ramekins, extremely tasty. The waitress steered me to good things on the menu. They have nightly dinner specials, and I will be back! It is affordable too. People all around me ordered the crab soup so that must be good too. I was afraid to ruin my appetite. Good to have a go-to spot north of the beaches when the roads become impossible.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We had fried green tomatoes they were good. The best was the pork-chops. Catfish fingers and all of the sides. Super bad a.. comfort food for anyone looking for superbly prepared hot enjoyable food in a small town. Very very happy. Crab soup just disappeared about as fast as it showed up

1  Thank LeonardoFantastico
Georgia H, General Manager at Georgia House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

On a quick ride through town found myself hungry so looked local , this place 2 in the list but proved to be excellent and deserving a 1 in our book ! Clam chowder some of the best ever!! Ordered the 2 for deal cream crab and classic salad tho there are many options and not at all bad for the price . Friend ordered turkey club and it was also very good on great grain bread ! Mashed and gravy side proved to be exemplary! Dark gravy was fab !! Not a bad choice for a dinner stop ! Or lunch as they are open for both!! Took home a piece of peach bread pudding because desserts looked great , so will have to see but thinking if it’s anything like the food here it is excellent !

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Ate at the location in Millsboro several times and decided to try the Milford location. VERY noisy and poor service. Food tasted like TV dinners and way overpriced!!!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Libby Y
Georgia H, Manager at Georgia House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi Libby Y - We are sorry that you were disappointed with your visit. We would love to be able to make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me at info@eatgh.com. Thank you, Kristal

Been to Georgia House? Share your experiences!