“Food-Excellent, Atmosphere-NOISY”
Review of Heirloom

Heirloom
Ranked #16 of 95 Restaurants in Lewes
Reviewed 16 September 2016

The menu is varied and interesting with locally grown produce used very creatively. Our entrees of scallops with a succotash and fried green tomatoes and duck breast with figs and mushrooms were some of the best dishes we have had anywhere! The deserts- blueberry cobbler, summer berry goat cheese tart, and cheese tray- were also amazing.
BUT- the dining rooms are so loud that we found ourselves leaning over the table and yelling in order to carry on a conversation. When we pay top dollar for a special evening out, we believe that the whole experience should be enjoyable. We will not return even though the food is superb.

4  Thank psoff

Reviewed 15 September 2016

After hearing all the hype we went to dinner at Heirloom with two friends. The food and service did not disappoint, both were awesome. My only dissatisfaction was the noise level. We had to raise our voices just to have a conversation. Owners would do well to consider some noise abatement options. Because of the delicious, creative dinner choices I'd definitely visit this restaurant again but hope to do so on a more quiet evening.

5  Thank jsmith22163
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Excellent food from an imaginative menu. Service was first rate. Quiet bar could be bigger to handle wait time for table but friendliness from owner on down permeates the atmosphere.

1  Thank richardclaypoole12
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Dinner last night at Heirloom was a near perfect experience. The ambiance, cocktails, cuisine and service were wonderful. In particular the Peach Julep cocktail was so yummy and the caramelized foie gras was savory and decadent. Our waiter, Angel, was professional and his knowledge of and enthusiasm about the menu added to a great night.

1  Thank BoardingPass537848
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Heirloom no doubt aspires to five stars and with time might well achieve them.

It is a somewhat nondescript restaurant viewed from the outside: it looks like a very nice large house with nothing to identify it as a restaurant. Inside it is very attractive in a muted way with several rooms brightly sunlit.

I ordered the Grilled Hanger Steak ($29) which was served with fingerling potatoes, caramelized onions and a lot of sliced exotic mushrooms. The steak was a generous piece; I asked for it rare and it was served rare. It was very good. My wife ordered the Pan Seared Day Boat Scallops ($32). They were served with sauteed summer succotash and fried green tomatoes. She liked the scallops, but since she is not a fan of succotash, she left some of that...not their fault.

I started with lobster corn bisque ($11) which I thought was was good, not great, mainly because while the soup was tasty, I couldn't find any lobster pieces. My wife skipped an appetizer to leave room for dessert.

For dessert she got Pot de Chocolat ($11) with summer cherries and crumbled hazelnuts. She proclaimed it excellent and offered me a generous taste: I agree, it was excellent.

The menu offered six or seven interesting "beginnings" ranging from soup at $11 to foie gras at $20. There were perhaps eight or nine entrees and they ranged in price from the high twenties to the low thirties.

There is a nice wine list with wines by the glass beginning at $9. I got a red French blend which was good.

Our service was very good, commensurate with a fine dining restaurant, and during our meal the owner stopped by to inquire about our satisfaction.

We will put Heirloom in a special night category and return from time to time.

2  Thank practans